cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
Man, I think this kid gets dumber every day, this is from racerx:
June 9, 2005

Pastrana will compete in Dew Action Sports Tour this weekend

The rumors that Travis Pastrana will compete this weekend turned out to be true, but he won't be racing--he's jumping instead. Pastrana's possible return to the AMA Motocross Nationals at Southwick this weekend is off, and he's instead lined up to do the Dew Action Sports Tour in Louisville, Kentucky. The tour is a five-city series of four-day competitions in freestyle motocross, skateboarding, and BMX. Prelims for FMX are tomorrow night, with the finals being held Saturday night.

So much for his supercross season next year. this kid seem to be a :bang: head. too many concussions I think

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I think he's getting smart, avoiding MX/SX where he seems to always hurt himself....doing what he likes to do and making more money at it.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I don't think he's getting dumber. He does very well and makes good money doing FMX. :cool: On the other hand, his being viewed as a contender in MX/SX is a very distant memory and his notoriety is begining to wear very thin in those arenas. :ahhh:

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
I think I would like him better if he just gave up trying to project that he is a great MX/SX rider. then maybe I could give him props for being a good FMX rider. but right now he still is a Moron. :nod:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I think I would like him better if he just gave up trying to project that he is a great MX/SX rider
Winning a title doesn't make a MX'er great?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
hmmm . . . who's "greater"? Pastrana or Windham? I believe Pastrana and Windham both have a 125 SX championship, but I'm pretty sure Pastrana's the only one of the pair with a National title.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
cr250can (no freakin place to ride?) come out to Victory Lane next moto and race. My son races C. FYI, Pastrana is the man :nener:

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
FORTYPLUS said:
cr250can (no freakin place to ride?) come out to Victory Lane next moto and race. My son races C. FYI, Pastrana is the man :nener:
victory lane is a 3 ride for me. going to be at log road the 18th.

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
nephron said:
I think he's getting smart, avoiding MX/SX where he seems to always hurt himself....doing what he likes to do and making more money at it.
you couldn't have stated it any better...The first injury he had when he was 16, I think, was that nasty spleen injury. I believe they said only 3 people recovered from one that severe and the other 2 are in wheel chairs (could be urban legend...) No arguement here that he blew his chances to be a premier mx/sx racer while screwing with FMX when it was taking it off. At least he did manage to get 2 titles before losing it.
If I was TP, I would probably start to distance from the mx/sx now, and bankroll the fmx shows and all the other things hes doing.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
He may not have the stamina or durability for MX/SX that he used to, but I remember last year for the Daytona SX when TP smoked everybody in his heat race. He may get injured easily and might not race as much as he once did, but he is still crazy fast on a bike. I honestly believe that if he wanted to focus on racing he could be a threat in the 250 class, barring another accident (which aren't always his fault, either...he just breaks easily). He just has so many things that he enjoys doing, and does well...can you blame the guy for stretching out his legs and having fun? There's no reason that he should have to only race MX/SX to be considered a great MX/SX rider. I would think that winning a national title would speak for itself...you can't win a title if you're not talented. Period.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
cr250can said:
who has more moto wins in the 250 class? how 'bout 250 supercross wins? heck, how about starts and finishes? :p
Didn't KW take like 3 or 4 years off while TP was still racing? What was your justification at that time? Or was KW worthless then and TP was the cats meow then? :think:

cr250can

Feb 16, 2005
Thump said:
Didn't KW take like 3 or 4 years off while TP was still racing? What was your justification at that time? Or was KW worthless then and TP was the cats meow then? :think:
KW took that time off (it wasn't even 2 full years :fft: ) becuase he was smart and knew that he was frustrated with how things were going. and I have always been a KW fan still am. pastrana is not smart enough to take the time off to get back on track.
Look at this week end TP was in FMX event down south and he hurt himself in practice. then he goes out in to the main event and gets the best score on his first run so he doesn't even need to go out for his second run, but what does the moron do? He runs the second run and gets a lower score than the first run. stupid.
And Okie it is not that I hate TP, it is just that I hate to see talant wasted becuase of stupidity. and I hate stupid people :uh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
KW took that time off (it wasn't even 2 full years ) becuase he was smart and knew that he was frustrated with how things were going.
You forgot to mention a broken femur.

And Okie it is not that I hate TP, it is just that I hate to see talant wasted becuase of stupidity. and I hate stupid people
Other than the obvious comeback.... The only one that can say if the talent is wasted is TP. If he's doing what he wants and enjoying it, good for him. I don't think he's too concerned about what YOU think he should be doing.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
cr250can said:
I hate stupid people :uh:

So Pastrana goes and wins the FMX comp at the Dew Action Sports Tour this weekend and likely makes Tens of Thousands of dollars, Or he could race Southwick and possibly make $1500? Someone might be stupid but it's not TP.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom