Pastrana to race MXDN for Puerto Rico

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Just saw this on Racer X

April 09, 2007
Travis Pastrana Joins Puerto Rico MXdn Team
- press release -

Travis Pastrana has joined the MXDN Puerto Rico team and will do his best to hold up his end of the deal.

As many by now should know Travis is involved in many different
venues, one of them being rally car racing and that is basically his main focus right now, and I quote:

“Hello Gabriel, I was just going over this FIM / MXDN entry form and had a few questions. First off, thank you for considering me for your team. Jeff Cernic had mentioned it to me a while ago and I thought he was joking at first but after thinking it over, it almost makes sense. I have to warn you that rally car racing is my priority and my season will have to go almost perfect for me to be in a position to miss an event and still win the championship. Even then, Subaru is going to kick my ass. I have made a career by doing everything wrong and somehow things seem to keep working out for the better, so why stop now. If it works out, I will be in shape, I will ride my heart out and I will do the best that I possibly can to represent Puerto Rico.”

“On average, people crash out 1 of 3 to 4 events in rally. I
have made it 12 straight rally America events finishing on the
podium without any DNFs, but that is highly unusual for that
sport."

For info and sponsors contact:
Gabriel Catala
787-627-0150
gcatala20@hotmail.com
P.O. Box 2259
Guaynabo PR 00970

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Moteaux said:
Me thinks that April 1 was not long ago. Maybe an April fool's prank?

It was dated 4/9.

How you doin over seas? :cool:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
rickyd said:
It was dated 4/9.

How you doin over seas? :cool:

I see the date now in the quote you put up. Just seems strange.

Things are good over here. Staying pretty busy with work but riding some. I am stuck trying to put lights on my bike so I can get it registered. There is lots of sand riding. There are alot of Wadis and mountain roads, but not any trails that I can see through any of them

I hoping to do some exploring and find some routes that aren't just graded road and sand. There is tons of potential for excellent riding. It seems I just have to make it happen.

Top Bottom