yzgoosman65

Sep 2, 2001
Alright, we all now that Pastrana had to pull out of the last couple of races due to injuries. If he would have stayed in the series do u think he would have beaten Brown. Or do u think Pastrana wouldnt have been able to come back from the hole he dug himself into.:think

biker

Sep 22, 2000
I don't think he could have caught either Brown or Langston, after the concussions. He said himself that he wasn't able to put any riding time in and his stamina wasn't up to par. That's why he said he pulled off the last moto he ran.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
I was on the track At Millville and trust me, TP was catching both of them. I was shocked that he pulled off!
I think both of them know he is faster than they are. Sort-of like RC!
I just wish TP would stay in the 125 class another year!

biker

Sep 22, 2000
It would have been nice to see Pastrana and Langston stay healthy. They are both great riders and Brown is right there with them. I think it is hard to say who was the fastest of the three, because of injuries. It would be nice to see them all run another season together. The 250 class is always rapped up early it seems like. The last two years in the 125's, the guy in second going into Steel City has won the championship.
Are Brown and Langston staying in the 125's next year?

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
As far as I can tell, when all are healthy the fastest is Pastrana, but Langston seems to keep getting faster. I actually think Brown is at his peak and it is probably a good thing he got a title, not sure he will get another chance.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
I think I read that Browns age is 29 so he does not have a lot of good years ahead. Travis and Langston on the other hand are in their teens and have a lot ahead in their futures. Travis is going to the 250s and will be overshadowed by the RC/MC indoor battles and it will be interesting to see if he can hang with RC outdoors. Should be a great year next year.:cool:

vetexrcr

Jul 18, 2001
125 war

Injuries suggest an inability to stay on the bike at the competitors pace.
Pastrana and Langston, both are injured
Brown is healthy
Does'nt take a genius to figure it out

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
And if Langston's bike hadn't broke he would be champion! So Langston is faster hurt than Brown is healthy? Langston got hurt trying to keep up with Pastrana, Pastrana got hurt trying to stay ahead of Langston.

Brown had 3 overall wins in the season and 8 moto 1sts
Langston had 5 overal wins and 10 moto 1sts
Pastran had 3 overall wins (2 before Brown had any) and 6 moto 1sts.
In the first 7 races Brown had one 1st and Patrana and Langston had 3 each
and Langston DNFed the second race of the season.
Brown was not faster just more consistant. He IS good, but part of his success is the Kaw factory team support, those guys do a great job.

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Langston has one more year at KTM on the 125's, then he wants to move to the 250's. Langston won the first 4 races of the year and then crashed out. The racing gods were most definitely on Browns side this year. Next year will be a totally different story. Brown and Bubba in the Kawasaki camp should make for an interesting year :p

I just wish McGrath would race one more season in the MX Nationals, or give a world championship a bash !!

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
Look for Langston to go Japanese after next year. He won't be able to hang with Bubba nor will Brownie, but then no one could hang with RC either:cool:

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by IBWFO
Look for Langston to go Japanese after next year. He won't be able to hang with Bubba nor will Brownie, but then no one could hang with RC either:cool:

I am a big KTM fan, even tho I no longer have one, but I tend to agree. The KTM 125 is an awsome bike, but their 250 doesn't seem to have the juice. And I just can't picture Langston on a 4-stroke so unless KTM does some revamping of the 250 soon, Grant would probably have to go to the big 4 to stay in the hunt.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
The 01 KTM 250 was supposed to be really good, plus I believe that new 125 world champ James Dobb is gonna step up to a KTM 250 over in Euro Land for next year and help get the 250 up to the top. Why does everyone think that James Stewart is gonna destroy the competition next year? Have I totally missed something on this kid? I mean hes won a bunch of ameteur titles and everything but everyone seems pretty high on him considering he has yet to make his pro debut.

IBWFO

Aug 5, 2001
The KTM is getting better, but not there yet. Bubba is for real. I pretty much felt exactly the way you do until I saw him ride. He was SO FAR ahead of the next guy that he crashed trying to make an unbelievable triple into a double. He lost his goggles yet had time to find them, put them back on, pick his bike up, start it and was still 4 or 5 seconds ahead of the 2nd place guy. He didn't just WIN @ Lorettas, he smoked 'em.
Another note, RC said there was only "one" guy that could hang with him on a 125, and that was "Bubba"!
Regards:D

Top Bottom