static

Oct 2, 2001
Hi all, I dislocated my patella (knee cap) about 10 monthes ago, and started riding again about 6 monthes ago. I usally were a regular knee support on both knees and also a EVS RS6 on the leg that was injured. Recently I have been reading about alot of other braces (e.g asteric, cells) and wanted some feedback from people if I should get something else of stay where Im at. What Im really looking for is support for the patella, the supports I have now have a cutaway for the patella and provide some support (but more would be much better). I use the EVS on the injured leg so as to keep it straight. Is there anything else better (and less bulky possibly) out there?
Ive read some on the asterics and I cant find anything on the cells.
Sorry for being long winded but I wanted to make it as clear as possible (hopefully).

Thanks in Advance

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I'm not sure, but I don't think any braces are offering "patella support". You will get real good "protection" but not support. Maybe you can find an elastic knee supporter that will hold the patella stable for wearing under your braces. If nothing else, you can go to a pharmacy and get some orthopedic socks. Those puppies are tough to get on and support your whole leg including the patella. Again, for under your braces.

I happen to think the RS6's work well to help keep you from getting injured, but since you have been injured, maybe you should look at the Asterisk's.

BTW....get BOTH braces!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Jaybird
BTW....get BOTH braces!

So true--Murphy's Law #32 of off-road riding states that "You WILL fall down on the least protected, previously uninjured body part available."

Whatever you get, definitely get both braces. This is experience speaking. I had an RS-6 (let's not start the anti-EVS discussion, I bought it before I heard about Asterisk) on my right knee all this season . . . but I crashed and tore my left knee all up. Go figure. So now--as soon as I find out exactly what is needed to get me up and running again--I will definitely be spending the $ for a pair of good braces. The EVS aren't bad, but now that I have 2 bum knees I need more.

Top Bottom