BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I felt compelled to pass this along. God Bless America.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma School officials remove "God Bless America" signs
from schools in fear that someone might be offended. Channel 12 News in
Long Island, New York, orders flags removed from the newsroom and red,
white, and blue ribbons removed from the lapels of
reporters. Why? Management did not want to appear biased and felt that our
nations flag might give the appearance that "they lean one way or another".
Berkeley, California bans U.S. Flags from being displayed on city fire
trucks because they didn't want to offend anyone in the community. In an
"act of tolerance" the head of the public library at Florida Gulf Coast
University ordered all "Proud to be an American" signs removed so as to not
offend international students.
I, for one, am quite disturbed by these actions of so-called American
citizens; and I am tired of this nation worrying about whether or not we are
offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on
September 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of
Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled in New York and Washington D.C. when the "politically correct" crowd began
complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is
seeking a better life by coming to America. In fact, our country's population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants; however, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some native Americans, need to understand.
First of all, it is not our responsibility to continually try not to offend
you in any way. This idea of America being a multi-cultural community has
served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As
Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language,
and our own lifestyle. This culture, called the "American Way" has been
developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of
men and women who have sought freedom. Our forefathers fought, bled, and died at places such as Bunker Hill, Antietam, San Juan, Iwo Jima, Normandy, Korea, and Vietnam.
We speak English, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any
other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society learn
our language! "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some
off-the-wall, Christian, Right Wing, political slogan- it is our national
motto. It is engraved in stone in the House of Representatives in our
Capitol and it is printed on our currency. We adopted this motto because
Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation; and
this is clearly documented throughout our history. If it is appropriate for
our motto to be inscribed in the halls of our highest level of Government,
then it is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
God is in our pledge, our National Anthem, nearly every patriotic song, and
in our founding documents. We honor His birth, death, and resurrection as
holidays, and we turn to Him in prayer in times of crisis. If God offends
you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture and we are proud to have Him.
We are proud of our heritage and those who have so honorably defended our
freedoms. We celebrate Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, and Flag Day. We have parades, picnics, and barbecues where we proudly wave our flag. As an American, I have the right to wave my flag, sing my national anthem, quote my national motto, and cite my pledge whenever and wherever I choose. If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
The American culture is our way of life, our heritage, and we are proud of it. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. We are Americans, like it or not, this is our country, our land, and our lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his
opinion about our government, culture, or society, and we will allow you
every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and
griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life,
I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom,
the right to leave.
Barry Loudermilk
If you agree, pass this onto other Americans!!
It is time to take a stand!!

Last edited:

OKKX'er

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 10, 2001
Absolutely! Mark Twain once said " Your right to swing your fist ends at my
nose" and I hold that the opposite also holds true, i.e. I have the right to swing my fist if it isn't hitting anyone. These people should appreciate the rights of others and not just their own.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
patriotism

being canadian is as close to being an american as you can get without actually talking the oath. and i agree totally. if any of us were to move to a middle eastern country, we would live maintaining our faith as we know, and that would be it .i think that if you live in another culture, you have to check it out and see what its all about. sort of like when in rome do as the romans do. but you dont have to give up your culture totally. i think that 99% of imigrant s into north america are like this as well. they dont want to start up any crap, they just want to live normal lives in a country that can give them a better life. so when all these politically correct people start these anti american, anti freedom movements i think they are actually offending some of the people who immigrate here , because the flag is the symbol of freedom ,this is why they came here to begin with. tell me if you think this makes any sense. i dont think that a few angry immigrants should have the power to change the american way of life.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I would like you to explain why felt you needed to add "and some native Americans . . ." to your tirade.

Whoops

Jun 19, 2000
Thanks BSWIFT!

I feel the same way as Barry. If all this America stuff is such a problem for some foreigners and imigrants why do they want to come here and, furthermore, why to they want to stay? All this politcally correct garbage about our flag, our pledge, and our motto offending someone is offening me!

These idiots are complaining about the symbols of the country that provides the right for them to complain. Try that in Afganistan, or any of the 'stans, and see how far you get. As a tax paying, law abiding, military(NAVY) veteran, I will be dammed if I'll give ground on this issue. I don't see any ground to give!

Love it or Leave it.

Greg

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Re: HiG4s

I added nothing to the letter.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
BSWIFT-Awesome article. Where was this published? I find it sort of sad that it had to take a crisis like the terrorist attacks to bring out the patriotism in the people of this country.
HiG4s-BSWIFT didn't write the article, only reprinted it.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Good Stuff. I can hear Lee Greewood right now.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Re: Re: HiG4s

Originally posted by BSWIFT
I added nothing to the letter.

I'm sorry I meant I would like to know why the person that wrote it felt it necessary to add that line. It seems like it singles out Native Americans for no good reason. While being PC for the most part is crap, people should be reasonable and polite. Of course if the world wasn't full of ignorant jerks no one would have ever started this whole PC thing to start with.

I'm sure many of my ancestors said the same thing, "this is our land and white men should learn to speak Iroqouis".

By the way, a lot of the US constitution Jefferson pulled from the Iroqouis Nation constitution.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Do you think the writer meant Indians (feathers, not dots) or just people born in this country?

Here is the usage in context:
In fact, our country's population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants; however, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some native Americans, need to understand.
I read it as meaning those of us born here (like you and me).

Native Americans = American Indians
native Americans = American people born here

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
re: Where was this published?

Sorry, I received it via email from my cousin. I edited the >>>> out and made it fit the format. I found the article matched my sentiment. HiG4s, no problem with the question, I had to re-read the article when I got the that part to take into context. XRP was on top of it as usual.;)

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I say if you don't like, or if you want to change an part of this continent don't even COME! Save our countries any processing fees of you coming and then leaving;)
I'm not sure how this would rub anyone else, but last Canada Day, equivalent to The 4 th of July, there was a group of guys driving up and down main steet in a convertible waving another countries flag. This really burned my ace! I just thought to myself, if it's so great over there, what are you doing here! I found it very disrespectful!

Top Bottom