helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
well, i guess it´s time to get out of my little but beautifull country and start buying on ebay and trough pay pal.
i was surfing on ebay just to see what it looks like and i saw a damn 100cc kit for my cr80. i just fell in love... this was the click...
i have zero experience with virtual money or internet shopping and i am VERY suspicious about it. i had bought some books on amazon on UK but the payment was by postal cheque. they don´t accept anymore and now i am stuck...

i am reading about it and some friends have done it but i still have doubts. i guess we have to trust the seller correct? is it trusty? both ebay and pay pal? does it work as claimed?
or is just a beautifull face hidden some crapy guys sending potatos or oranges in boxes instead of the real item?

anyone could point me in the right direction?
because the more i read about it the more i see some gates to cheat (in this case to be cheated)

thanks in advance... :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Paypal is going to be a pretty solid payment option for most things. Back it with a credit card instead of bank account and it's sort of double protection.

Ebay is full of great sellers and some real scum. Do your research on the seller thru the Ebay rating system and try not to do business with anybody that is less than say 98% positive ratings. Check the comments on their service to get an idea if it's recent or not. Overall my experience has been positive but I'm pretty careful about who I deal with.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Agreed. Paypal and Ebay offer some buyer protection for you as well. If you're wise enough to be skeptical you'll likely have no problems with it.

helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
Patman said:
Paypal is going to be a pretty solid payment option for most things. Back it with a credit card instead of bank account and it's sort of double protection.
i really don´t have any credit card, but why credit card instead of bank account? what are the advantages?

paypal really puzzles me. one of the things i cannot understand is the buyer protection system. if i will not be satisfied with a purchase will paypal not pay to the seller? is this correct? how paypal will know i am telling the truth and not the seller?

_joey, i am very skeptical indeed. not wise enough but skeptical i am. that´s why i have no credit cards, i dont pay in cheque, never pay before had the item in my hand, never do credit etc... thats why i am puzzled so much with this system. i have to pay everything in advance and keep praying the seller is a honest person and is not in need of fast money...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I back my Paypal with my American Express card, if Paypal doesn't protect me for some reason I know AM will for sure and it keeps my personal bank account out of the picture even though the bank does offer fraud protection as well. If you don't have a credit card you can use your personal banking information and be fine.

Sometimes you need to make a change in order to progress. Being skeptical is good to a point.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
PayPal has proven to be a safe and effective way to do business and keep yourself pretty well protected.

Ebay on the other hand is breeding ground for scumbags, cheats, liars and scam artists. There are certainly lots of people who have good experiences, but knowing who can be trusted and who can't isn't an easy task.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Let the buyer beware! Ebay can be a decent source for used and no longer available at the dealer, OEM parts, and there are a LOT of people trying to sell OEM parts for really high prices, that are still available at like Service Honda cheaper. Then there is a LOT of Chinese/sub-grade knock off parts, some cheap. I back it with a bank account, and just enough money to cover the item, no credit. Hope this makes sense? Vintage Bob

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Already buy 2 camaro at once from 2 different seller on ebay.
one was a 1978 the other a 1980.
All went well with one of the transaction.

For the other it did not go well... in short, we did not use paypal, waited for the car's paper to come over us(so we could process import to canada), after over 3 month we finally had no more answers from the seller and ebay could not do anything. All we was keep with was the email of the guy.
Paid for a nice 1978 camaro thats a lot of $$ there, that we never seen. So think twice before hitting buy now for big item.

Also, am still buying over internet alot(small/innexpensive item mostly), so i think it is secure.

Top Bottom