PC Pipe & Silencer Combo or V-Force

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
My buddy Kris was taking my bike for a ride today. He's by far the fastest guy we ride with. He's a top runner in the local 250B class and I wanted to see what he could do on my bike at a little track thing my friend has on his property. Well he was screaming it and when he got off I asked him how it was. He said good, but very little "balls" as he put it. He said it was tough pulling out of corners. Now I noticed that a little bit too. Personally I've been able to ride very well on it, but I would like a little better performance off the bottom, and it'd be nice to rev out a little more too.

He suggest a V-Force Delta 2 reed cage and a Pro Circuit Pipe and Silencer combination. I really wasn't look to put $400 into a bike I'm not racing. I originally hear the V-Force adds more power than does the pipe and silencer system. He said it's no good unless you get both, or if you just get the exhaust system. I'd really rather not spend $300 because I know something is going to go wrong this summer and I want to have money laying around for that. The V-Force is only $130 and I'd much rather get it if it would enhance the performance significantly.

I have a bone stock 2001 CR125. What advice would you guys give me as to what modification would be best?

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
The v-force makes a bigger difference than the pipe, though it's not true that you have to have both to notice a dfifference. If money mathers, get a 1-2 tooth bigger rear sprocket instead. You will feel more difference with this than anything else, especially out of turns.

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
For starters, your not going to get something for nothing. If your looking to make a difference in performance it's going to cost you money no matter what you do, especially if your looking to make a significant difference. The V-force reed cage will make a difference but nowhere near the difference of having the head ported. You could look into getting the head ported, from the feedback i've heard on here Eric Gorr does and excellent job and it's $150. Is the bike jetted correctly? If not, that would make a differece in the performace. Running pump gas? Try switching to racing fuel, these bikes run more consistent and have better performance with this type fuel than pump gas. Other than that your going to spend more than that on the other mods: suspension, exhaust systems, ignitions and so on. If you shop around on-line, some shops have deals on exhaust systems for around $250 for a pipe and silencer. I found the V-Force reed cage for $118, and a pro-circuit platinum pipe and r-304 shorty silencer with race end cap for $245 with free shipping on the order for my 03 CR250R. No matter what mods you do, jetting the bike correctly for the mods that are done is going to be the key.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If you do the V-Force, Pipe/Silencer combo & porting, do it all in stages.. I wouldn't reccomend doing it all at once, do it all in stages and feel the increased performance of each stage..
RIck

jaypro55

Aug 6, 2001
That was my thinking too. Right now I plan to first get the V-Force. Hopefully the shop can give me some guidelines for what new jets to buy so I can really maximize the performance from this thing. If it's not completely to my liking I'd probably try a 53 tooth rear, or a 12 tooth front to get more punch. And if I still needed more, I'd try to a pipe. But I think the V-Force is definetely gonna be the first step.

Top Bottom