cokekdx

Dec 15, 2005
I have a 200 KDX 200, and i want to get a new pipe, should i get the PC platinum 2 or the FMF gnarly (desert or Woods). I would like some pros and cons on both please thanks

Jul 25, 2005
the pc platinum 2 is like the fmf gnarly woods pipe. and is more suitable in the low end and mid range. although i have heard it gives a little more top end to. the desert on the 200 is a mid range and top end bike it likes to be revved and such. it really depends on how aggressive you are and what type of riding and where you ride.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A couple of other things you might consider in addition to riding environs and riding style.....

How your bike is setup in other areas will impact how satisfied you are with your pipe choice. If your bike is pretty much out-of-the-box-stock except for a pipe, that makes the rev/torque (-30/-35 FmF) choice likely more important.

Example: You ride mostly single track, but the idea of an improved upper rpm band sways you to the -30 pipe.

You are likely not going to like it. The 200 will lose enough bottom end response with the -30 pipe that a whole lot of the technical single-track stuff is going to become considerably more difficult.

The 200 will work just fine in that situation...but not likely if you are merely bolting the -30 to a relatively stock machine.

...I said that already.

I used to change pipes often. I would make suspension, jetting, ignition timing changes and swap the pipe depending on where I was riding that weekend.

I don't do that much anymore. The bottom end of things on my bike is every bit as good now as it ever was with my -35 pipe..with my -30. Still need to tweak the carb from time to time...but not so much of that, either.

It's a package deal...your bike. The package needs to 'fit' together to work well.

Have fun choosing!

Top Bottom