Pc T-4 On 99 Yz400 Help. Oil?????

jc

Sep 22, 2001
NEW TO A 99' YZ400 AND IT IS LOUD. I HAVE A PC T-4 FULL EXHAUST ON IT AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THE "QUIET CORE INSERT" (or something like that) THAT PC OFFERS?
ALSO, I MAY BE OPENING A CAN OF WORMS BUT WHAT DO MOST OF YOU GUYS RUN FOR OIL? (type and weight?)

B

biglou

I've never seen anyone run the quiet insert you mentioned, and the T4 is loud! As for the oil, if you type "oil" into the "Search This Forum" link (go out to the main Tumper Central forum) you will get pages of oil threads to read through. The end result, IMO, is that changing it often is the best bet regardless of what you choose. :thumb:

tdjok

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2003
The PC quiet insert is nothing more than a smaller diameter outlet that fits between your end cap and your canister. I put one on my WR250F and it seemed to help a little with the noise, but sure made a strange sounding bike. Passed BJEC sound test with a 94. If you order, make sure you are specific with the size as there appears to be two different sizes. I only know this because they sent me the wrong one. I ordered directly from PC.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Is this a new pipe? If not, repack that sucker! Also install the quiet core kit for it.

The PC T4 pipes are loud. Nothing really around that.

Top Bottom