shanet1975

Dec 24, 2007
Morning.....Anyone out there have a pdf format manual for a 99 kx 250? I just bought a used one last night and the rear breaks don't work. I'd like to try to diagnose myself and know that the manual would help...
Thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Why not just order a hard copy? Service Powersports (aka Service Honda) has them.

shanet1975

Dec 24, 2007
I will be ordering one, but am trying to figure out what is wrong with my rear breaks now. I can't get them off....I believe I know what to unbolt, but it won't budge. Thought maybe there would be a diagram in the manual...

shanet1975

Dec 24, 2007
OK. Nevermind on the manual. Anyone know how to get the caliper off? I am trying to get the big allen bolt out. Won't budge. Does that need to come off? I've twisted 3 allen wrenches already. Seems like it should come off, but dosn't.....Any ideas?

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
its needs to come off to take the caliper off.. Get some PB Blaster or wd-40 to loosen it up.

sure its the write allen wrench, metric or....normal? i think it needs to be metric

shanet1975

Dec 24, 2007
My wrenches are all in the same box. It fit tight though so I know it's the right one. I'll try wd 40 today. I'll try to heat it up as well. Maybe that'll help. I'm hoping it's just them needing to be bled, but I don't think that's the case.
Thanks for the reply and Merry Christmas!!!!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Don't get it too hot. There are seals in there that can get damaged. It won't need a lot of heat anyway.

colbyc28

Dec 1, 2006
Moparman1539 said:
its needs to come off to take the caliper off.. Get some PB Blaster or wd-40 to loosen it up.

sure its the write allen wrench, metric or....normal? i think it needs to be metric

All Japanese bike are metric...

shanet1975

Dec 24, 2007
I tried the pipe and now my wrench looks like a candycane. It's twisted like crazy. Could just be cheap wrenches, I'm not sure. Going to pick up some socket allen wrenches hopefully tomorrow.

Redrodent

Jul 31, 2002
This is a case where striking the wrench to break it free is better than twisting.

Without using some antisieze during assembly, the steel pin threads can weld themselves to the aluminum caliper :whoa:

Here's to hoping that's not your case :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom