PDS shock, KTM 380EXC, 2001 ?? Jeremy??

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
My latest gem, a "vintage" 2001 KTM 380EXC is a PDS. (it has a tag, so that's why I own it). I'm not in love with the bike, but it's mine.

I'm not happy with the shock, or the forks for that matter. They start out quite harsh feeling, but blow completely through the stroke on anything bigger than the edge of a man hole cover!

Probably time for an overhaul anyway.

Years ago, Jeremy set me up with a piston, seals and shim stack for my Husqvarna 360 Showa. After it broke in, it was pure magic. Smooth, with great control and all the desired qualities.

Is there any chance of the my PDS shock being as good with some quality mods? The KTM guys say to purchase a 2006 shock, as they are Quote: "much better". It seems that even if I purchase a newer one, I'll still have to spend bucks to tune out the weirdness.

I'm a middle age guy, play rider, 210 w/gear. But, I do ride hard at times, and very high speeds are common. (running 15/45 sprockets if that tells you anything :) :) )

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
The 01 shock can be made to out perform an 06 shock in stock form.
There have been many upgrades to the MX-Tech PDS CLP system , I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Ok, thanks for the response.

I'll check out the website. Do you sell a DIY "kit"?

Top Bottom