rda

Jun 20, 2000
thats nothing, the national in wellston, oh this year only had 11 finshers! not sure how many entered. only 3 'b' riders finished.

labby9

Sep 25, 2001
Wellston was a ballbuster. I houred out at the last "B" check. My son won 200B and was 2nd overall "B". The club was definitely out for blood at that one.

Wayne

danielst

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 20, 2002
Ugghh... no doubt about that Wellston enduro being tough... I houred at the last "B" check as well. I lost about 20 minutes in the big mudhole ravine about half way through that section and was doomed from there. The New Straitsville Enduro this year was a tough one as well. I was fortunate to be among the 15 or so who finished it. My buddy houred the last check at that one and still finished second in 250A. This year has been full of tough enduro's in this part of the country... hopefully next year we are re-paid with nice weather at the majority of them.

Last edited:

jssport

Feb 20, 2003
Are there any enduros where riders get ahead of schedules?

All these ballbusters in OH seem like a race to get there before hourering out. Are there any enduros where almost nobody hrs out?

cough.. cough.. yes, an easy enduro I guess.. cough..

JimS

rda

Jun 20, 2000
I've never had any trouble staying on time at Roselawn, IN, Upland, IN, or the New Paris, IN enduros. I did hour out at Upland for the first time ever this year, the club left in a very deep river crossing that drowned out a lot of bikes including mine. Usually they route around the river when it is up that high, I guess they were feeling mean this year.

weather conditions this year have been the worst I have ever seen for riding enduros since I started about 11 years ago. I have had more trouble finishing enduros this year then the previous 10 years combined, over half of my dnf's were trail condition related.

Top Bottom