Pee Wee Justql's Big Top Adventure

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
where do i start? we left denton and headed north on the 35 and arrived at the hallowed ground about midnight friday night. we tucked in and had us a good sleep. woke up at 4:00am to the sound of really loud rain. sleeping under an aluminum camper shell does that for you. i covered my head as best i could and went back to sleep. before i know it it is 10:00am and people are arriving. bikes are warming up and voices are coming from everywhere. i peek through the glass and it looks like a really nice pit on race day. we get up and help ourselves to the first of the hearty hospitality. we talk about riding but only a few do. some of us are holding out on sunshine. the sun does come out and we take advantage of the efforts of the earlier crew who went out and beat out the trail a little.

boy, these trails are really cool. most definitely single track only. takes me awhile to quit trying to mx the trail to death. i finally put it in third and try to be smooth and maintain momentum. justql is trailguide for the group and i try to stay right behind him. he is a fast woods rider and yet he set a pace that was right on the mark. the trails had everything. muy creekcrossings, some tight sections, some open, all with great dirt. OKKXER had to put up with my stalls. after the first loop i only stalled once. for the most part everybody played nice, as far as roost goes. we get back and take a break. get to meet justqls family and sawblade. my kids start riding with justqls clan and a dont see him much over the next two days. i ride the loop a couple of times with different bunches and each time it gets better and better. one loop im behind lorin and i keep staring at his rear tire. it is HUGE. turns out it has a 140 cross section. that wr rocks.

THE SETUP was awesome! imagine if you will THE WALTON'S and they had a mountain and it was set up in the middle of a lake with water on three sides and there was family cabins and a very large very cool BIG TOP! yes, thats right, a big top as in circus. what was the coolest was how justqls family went out of their way to share their good fortune. this place sported awsome woods loops, a grass track which mx547 and i played on, and a budding mx track with some very cool jumps. if you didnt ride, they had badminton/volleyball/horseshoes, swimming, fishing, and oh yeah, some great eating.

KOWKATCHER spent the weekend wrenching on kids bikes ;) . we had a flat that just wouldnt die. then there was the yz that ended up in the pond. they were on its third oil change just before i left. KOWKATCHER is "mcgyver". oh yeah, he soldered Sawblade's TI framed glasses so he could moto on. cousin randy on Cooper's ex race rmx rode with us. i noticed early on that the boys outnumbered the girls in justqls family by at least 4 to 1. they all had bikes of every kind and description. the women took very good care of us and made us feel welcome. i kept pinching myself. thanks for all of the hospitality.

saturday afternoon found us at the mx track. earlier in the day it was soup but after much dragging and shoveling it came in nice. justql and kowkatcher had put in some quality time and have a nice little track that had something for everybody. i did endo in a soupy whoop section that justql was trying to make a line through. of course justql did get to see my get off.

saturday night meant food and spirits with emphasis on the food. i ate till i couldnt eat anymore............then i found the cookies......homemade. its amazing how good cookies are with beer. i took a shower in the lake temp shower stall and everybody kept asking "are you really going to?" i was warned but i didnt care. that was the best shower. later bswift called us to the tent and we did something......im not sure what but i know it will be good. j/k :) everybody started turning in around 10:30. justsql, mx757, and i enjoyed the fire that our pyromaniac kids built. finally, around midnight it was just me and my kid stephen. hadnt seen him much all day. asked if he was having any fun and you should of seen his face. we shared a dr. pepper and called it a night.

sunday found us at the table again. man i gotta cut back on this food thing. i suited up and went to the mx track for 10-15 laps. i was low on fuel and decided to head back to camp. it was pretty warm and the sweat was out. i had been surrounded by water the last two days and wanted to get in it. i hauled a kayak with me and the kids in camp wanted to try it out. we put in the lake, and with a little paddling practice they were on their own. mx757, mx547, and i watched the kids play in the water. Scooter had a good time too justql. i couldnt talk him into the kayak but he did get a ride in the canoe.

as i started to load up, stephen grabbed his xr and took off. i got stuff done and finally talked him off the bike. we said our goodbyes and left out big top adventure. in summary, these trips are awesome! family, food, and fun with bikes as the common thread. if you read this and can drive, you need to come. ask anybody that finally gets the nerve to go. there are no strangers just good people who love dirt. justql, thanks for all of your effort. ditto for your family. see yall soon.

Last edited:

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Man this is the second thread I've read about this, and it sounds like you guys had the perfect setup this weekend. Good reports guys, and it's great that the entire families were involved!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
tx246 had so much fun he keeps thinking that he's seeing james stewart at wal-mart (see off-topic thread). :debil:

Last edited:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Sounds like you guys had a good time :) Sorry I couldn't make it, but will have to hook up again @ Muenster(that was ablast, too), or see you at DW :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Sounds like we need to move DW02 from Cooperland to Justins pad !

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Sounds like we need to move DW02 from Cooperland to Justins pad !
Maybe a mini-DW02 warmup ride. :think:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by tx246

...everybody started turning in around 10:30. justsql, mx757, and i enjoyed the fire that our pyromaniac kids built...

I think I was adding fuel to that fire for awhile, does that make me a pyro? :D

Ayway, I am just now getting around to replying to the posts about this Memorial Day outing. What can I say that tx246 and others have already said... I know that my son, Mason had a blast. The riding, the kayaking, the fishing, the eating, the camping, etc... Thanks to Justin and his family for putting us up and providing some great fun in the dirt!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom