medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
I recently bought a pr. of Berik ovs pros and feel like they were custom made for me. They have the hinged ankle and needed minimal break in time. Height of the boot is perfect. (I'm 5'1'') I have good feel of my bike and the price < $100. Haven't crashed with them yet so I can't tell you the protection factor. Hey and they're red.

Apr 30, 2007
May I ask where you found/ordered them from?

I'm in the market for a new pair as my Thor Quadrents are impossible to ride in, and my used Alpinestars are really worn and 2 sizes too large....

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
I got a new pair of boots for mothers day and I love them...The Gaerne SG10's also have the hinged angle...got them on sale for 230.00 and they are red too. They only had the red and blue ones on sale. I loved my alpinestars too. They never needed a break in period. My daughter is using them now. That should last another 2 months or so the way she's growing.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
The gaerne sg10s are what I'm aiming for in the future when I gain more skills. How fortunate you are that your daughter rides with you. I wish mine did.

progirlz

Sep 8, 2006
medwaste said:
The gaerne sg10s are what I'm aiming for in the future when I gain more skills. How fortunate you are that your daughter rides with you. I wish mine did.

(Sorry I havent responded in so long)...

Well, she is 9yrs old. She is riding in spurts. Some days she likes it some days not. She's been going through a period of not wanting to ride. The last thing I want to do is push it on her, I don't want her hating the sport. So...I told her I understood that she just isnt into riding and that it's ok, maybe when she's older we can try it again. She looked a little relieved, then I told her I wanted to sell her bike...WELL, you'd think I stabbed her...the tears came out so fast, she begged to keep the bike and promised she'd start riding again. We've been going out about once a week now on some local trails and she is finally progressing again. She's on a CRF80F and is doing well with the clutch and changing gears. I hope she takes to it. You're right, it would be so much fun to go out riding (real riding) with your kid.

Top Bottom