GLeNs

Jun 12, 2007
I was browsing looking for articles on clutches and I cam across alot of opinions, and from these I see that the barrnet clutch basket has steel inserts to reduce grooving, but i hear their clutch plates are junk, and i hear nothing but good things about hinson inner hub and hinson pressure plate. So I was wondering what would be the perfect clutch for a yz125 or for any bike. Mixing different properties from different companies like above could maybe improve the performance compared to a clutch from one whole company. So what do you all think??

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I have the EBC Kevlar clutch in my 03RM265, with stock basket and pressure plate. When running the clutch operates fine, with no sign of fading. But now the bike is very difficult to start in gear, even when warm. I assume this is because the EBC clutch has one more friction plate than stock and has more total friction surface. (I have cable free-play)

I used Rotella 15W40 and I had some "grabby" feeling when hot. I now use Castrol 10W40 which provides the best operation and feel when cold or hot.

Good luck, Steve.

GLeNs

Jun 12, 2007
Sorta thing I wanted to hear, atm I got stock clutch and use silkolene light gear oil but may move to different oils like mobil1 15w40 as its way cheaper, but i didnt know there was much difference in clutch feeling with different oil... thicker give slippage in the wet clutch?

I hear nothing but compliments with the hinson setup

Top Bottom