dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
We are three weeks away from playoffs... anyone care to make predictions as to who's going to make it? I realize the Raiders have no shot so don't even go there. Clearly the Eagles have clinched their spot on top of the NFC and the Patriots are showing they have the strength to head up the AFC. There are some great battles going on for playoff slots. Forget about your emotional preferences... with three weeks left who's going to make it? (Don't forget the Wild Cards) I shall list my predictions after Monday Night Football. :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
I am pretty sure the Lions are out of it. :(

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
Foosball?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Football? Is that all you women care about?? :laugh:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I predict the Chefs will be sticken with SARS or something equally horrible and have to bow out.

:p

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Nope, they had to let them all go, cuz Wisconsin was jealous and they wanted a pro football team too.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
You guys are going to drive me nuts, I swear. :| I'm not talking about picking who will be in the Super Bowl... you guys are jumping the gun here. I'm talking about who you predict to make the playoffs. The rankings aren't set in stone yet. Only two teams have clinched a playoff berth which leaves many teams in the running.

As it stands right now:
AFC
1. NE Patriots
2. KC Chiefs
3. Ind. Colts
4. Balt. Ravens
5. Tenn. Titans
6. Denver Broncos
7. Miami Dolphins

NFC
1. Phil. Eagles
2. StL. Rams
3. Minn. Vikings
4. Car. Panthers
5. Dallas Cowboys
6. Seattle Seahawks :eek:
7. GB Packers

A lot can happen in three weeks. Any of these teams have the potential of earning themselves a playoff slot. Take Seattle: Undefeated at home, undefeated in their division. If they suck it up these next three weeks we might be seeing that DAMN mascot, Blitz, in the post-season.

Senior, you want to talk humility just ask my father about the Seachickens. :(

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I hate to say this, but the Broncos looked pretty damn good against the Chiefs last week. I wouldn't be surprised if they make it in as the AFC Wild Card. The hard decision is Dallas or Seattle for the NFC Wild Card... Dallas is looking tough with the help of the Big Tuna. Seattle could make it IF they improve their on-the-road play. They have to get passed the Rams at home today in order to prove they want it. It should be a great game, IMO. Too bad I'll be stuck watching the Bears lose instead. :|

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
there are probably six teams in the afc that can win the superbowl. none in the nfc.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
After going to the game today and watching my Packers whoop up on the Chargers combined with the yodeling Vikings losing to the Bears I feel pretty confident about them winning the North.

Plus, they have D's nancy-boy Raideretts on Mon. next week. Then they close at home against the Broncos while the Vikings still have KC on their schedule.

The rest are as follows-

AFC-Indy, KC, Cincinatti, NE, Wild Card-Tennesse

NFC-Green Bay, St. Louis, Carolina, Philly, Wild Card-Dallas

Last edited:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Diane, if you have HBO, check out: REBELS OF OAKLAND: THE A'S, THE RAIDERS, THE 70'S.

It's a great look back on the Oakland and Bay region during the 70's, and goes through both team's accomplishments of the period. IMO, the Raiders were at their best then, so it's a good watch. Nothing wrong with seeing Jack Tatum break about 10 or so people in half. You don't see that kind of hitting anymore. I remember, as a child, seeing him and Earl Campbell go at it at the goal line. Campbell was twice his size, treetrunk legs, and went down and out (knocked out) like a rock.

If you're ever feeling nostalgic, this is a great show.

Off topic, but nonetheless.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by nephron
Diane, if you have HBO, check out: REBELS OF OAKLAND: THE A'S, THE RAIDERS, THE 70'S.

It's a great look back on the Oakland and Bay region during the 70's, and goes through both team's accomplishments of the period. IMO, the Raiders were at their best then, so it's a good watch. Nothing wrong with seeing Jack Tatum break about 10 or so people in half. You don't see that kind of hitting anymore. I remember, as a child, seeing him and Earl Campbell go at it at the goal line. Campbell was twice his size, treetrunk legs, and went down and out (knocked out) like a rock.

If you're ever feeling nostalgic, this is a great show.

Off topic, but nonetheless.

Doc, I think you have me confused with a Bears fan. :eek: :laugh:

Tree, I'm glad to see that you understand what I was going for. And I agree with your picks except I pick St. Louis to lead the NFC and in the AFC I'm thinking the Broncos will be a surprise Wild Card. As much as I like saying mean things about the Donkeys I enjoy watching good football more. :thumb:

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
enjoy watching good football more.
Then why are you talking about pro teams? :p

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
REBELS OF OAKLAND: THE A'S, THE RAIDERS, THE 70'S.

It's a great look back on the Oakland and Bay region during the 70's, and goes through both team's accomplishments of the period. IMO, the Raiders were at their best then

the raiders were my second favorite team in the 70's behind the cowboys. i consider the 70's to be the glory years of the nfl. guys played for the love of the game, not the big contract and the "look at me" attitude. teams could build over a period of years instead of the current method of sacrificing the future for the present (free agency). although today's athletes are bigger, stronger and faster, most don't play with heart. the on-field in-your-face celebrations that are so popular today, disgust me. there is nothing more ridiculous than a 300 pound guy dancing after making a routine play. things have changed and not for the better. all that being said, football is still my second favorite sport. i just long for a forgotten time.

watch roy williams of the cowboys. he is old school.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Okiewan

Then why are you talking about pro teams? :p

So I don't have to read people's complaints about the BCS system.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Good one, D :thumb:
although today's athletes are bigger, stronger and faster

Sure? If it is true, IMO, the body size in football has gone over the top. When's the last time you saw a really fast and frightening linebacker? Ray Lewis? No. LT? Yeah--that was the last really great one, IMO. Today, LB's are bulky, Terminatoresque bodies that fill up the holes and do a reasonable job. In the heyday, guys like Youngblood (the outside guy--can't remember if it's Jack, or who) , Ted Hendrix (Oakland ;) ), Jack Lambert (probably the best that ever lived, damn him)--those guys were frighteningly fast, awesome players slashing through the line and sacking quarterbacks.

Today, the down linemen are so freakin' juicy, an LB couldn't get through even if they wanted to. And they don't try. Seems the blitz is carried by the free safety and 1 corner now, more than anything else. Why? Speed? :think: The ultimate false economy--a corner, safety and linebacker? Or Jack Lambert?

Back to the 'Sure?' A farmer here (in Lakin) was a former Armwrestling champ (@ what level, I don't know), known to have the biggest hands and fingers. Just huge. Forearms like treetrunks. He met Tatum @ Vegas, and Tatum gave him his superbowl ring to try on. Needless to say, the ring was floating on all sides. Point? Tatum was huge, big-handed, and probably (still is) stronger than current linebackers, let alone safeties. ;)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Youngblood (the outside guy--can't remember if it's Jack, or who) , Ted Hendrix (Oakland ;) ), Jack Lambert (probably the best that ever lived, damn him)--those guys were frighteningly fast, awesome players slashing through the line and sacking quarterbacks.
"Samurai" Mike Singletary, and, of course, The prototypical Linebacker extraordinaire, Dick Butkus.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
:worship: Butkus :worship:

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Originally posted by XRpredator

"Samurai" Mike Singletary,

"We gonna be here all day Baby! I like this kinda party!"

Bad words to hear if you're getting ready to get the ball a few times :worship: .....

Top Bottom