Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Heard today that Perris Raceway was closing due to the economy. :bang: Perris is/was the oldest motorcycle racetrack in California.

First Cycle News, now Perris. I don't think I can go on. :ugg:

etard

Nov 14, 2010
Damn that sucks! That's real close to home, can't say I ever went there though...

'Spose it doesn't help that a new mx track seems to open up locally every year.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Wow! :( :|

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
From Cycle news

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/industry-news/2010/12/08/perris-raceway-alive-and-well

There's been a rumor circulating that Perris Raceway in Perris, California, has closed its doors, but these rumors are evidently false - sort of.

We just spoke to Vince Graves, the owner of the Perris Raceway property, and he said that the facility is alive and well, but the MX track is closed temporarily.

"The flat track and speedway track are open and operating the same as usual," Graves said. "The MX track is closed, however, but it's going to re-open in a couple of weeks, definitely. And it will be bigger and better."

Evidently, Graves and the current raceway "tenants," or operators, former Supercross and MX Champion Rick Johnson and former World MX Champion Sebastien Tortelli, are in the midst of a falling out, but Graves assured us that Perris Raceway, "Is not going anywhere."

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks for posting that holeshot. :cool:

Heard that from a customer that went out to ride the mx track.

Shine up that steel shoe Gomer. Looks like we are still on.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Shine up that steel shoe Gomer. Looks like we are still on.

Pfffttt ... I can steel shoe too ....

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Just trying to complete my wardrobe.

pink_scooter2.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
High Lord Gomer said:
Just trying to complete my wardrobe.

pink_scooter2.jpg

Sweet! :whoa: No really, I mean really a little too sweet... :yikes: :rotfl:

I have a better bike for you to ride Gomer. You can leave that one at home. ;)

I was out at Perris not too long ago for a flattrack reunion. I was suprised to see how empty the mx track was. The flattrack was packed but there were very few people at the mx track. Only about 5 kids on the 85cc starting gate. Two years ago, there would have been at least 30 kids on the 85cc gate. I hope they can keep it together, I have many fond memories from Perris. I have raced there since the mid 60's and now my grandson races there.

Holeshot. We'll let you know when Gomer comes out to ride.

Top Bottom