Perris Raceway threatened.. For all of you Cali riders

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/perris-raceway-threatened.aspx

A fuss has been raised about the Perris track, the dust and the noise.

The Perris City Council will be addressing these complaints at a meeting this Wednesday, March 4.

The track needs your support.

If at all possible, please come to this meeting at or before 6 PM.

City of Perris
101 N. D Street
Perris, CA 92570
Phone: (951) 943-6100

You do not have to be a resident of Perris to support the track.

Please remember to be polite and courteous on your way to, at the meeting, and on your way home from the city council meeting thus Wednesday. Dress appropriately for a government function.

Kids can wear race gear (and women too if you like).

If you have or work at a local shop, let the employees know. Let the customers know. Another track lost hurts everyone, from the dealer selling a new motorcycle, to the local mexican restaurant, to the convenience store selling ice & sodas.

As dirt trackers in southern California, we have lost access to many racetracks. Perris Raceway has gone above and beyond to build and maintain a place for us to ride. Now it's your turn to support Perris Raceway with more than attendance and entries.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Perris raceway is local track and has been there since the beginning of "dirt bike time". Raced there many times ..it would be a big loss... :(

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Thanks Indy.

The decision has been postponed.

Perris Raceway has been in existence for 42 years. I raced there when I first started racing and now my grandson races there.

There is only one resident that is complaining. :bang:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Isn't it so nice how one person can spoil the fun of so many others...

There was a time in this country when that person would have been politely told to shut his pie hole, and mind his own damned business.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
IndyMX said:

There was a time in this country when that person would have been politely told to shut his pie hole, and mind his own damned business.

So true Indy. :nod:

Funny thing about this is. That is the same guy that will be back at the City Council complaining about the kids writing graffiti and stealing the wheels off of his house, when those kids that used to race at Perris are now gang members with time on their hands.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
IndyMX said:

as an elected official, you have no idea how many times I've wanted to say that, Indo. Instead, I just bite my tongue. If I can't say something nice, I don't say anything at all.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
as an elected official, you have no idea how many times I've wanted to say that, Indo. Instead, I just bite my tongue. If I can't say something nice, I don't say anything at all.

With all due respect to you and your elected office Pred, perhaps that's part of the problem.

Too many times, people in position of authority will not tell some spoiled asshat when he's being a jerk, in what some see as an effort to protect their ability to get elected again.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
With all due respect to you and your elected office Pred, perhaps that's part of the problem.

Too many times, people in position of authority will not tell some spoiled asshat when he's being a jerk, in what some see as an effort to protect their ability to get elected again.
This is the whole entire problem with government. People with common sense don't use it for fear of not being re-elected.

89'r said:
Funny thing about this is. That is the same guy that will be back at the City Council complaining about the kids writing graffiti and stealing the wheels off of his house, when those kids that used to race at Perris are now gang members with time on their hands.
Today 11:36 AM
That's exactly what happens. Where I grew up we had a square mile of woods at the ceter of every "block". All the neighborhood kids rode bicycles, dirt bikes, quads or whatever in these woods. The people of the neighborhood didn't mind at all as long as you didn't ride in thier yard without permission. We were courteous so several of them let us cut through thier yards. We had very little problems with vandilization, theft and such. Sure, you could hear a bike from time to time and occasionally a kid would get carried away and ride down the road or something. Now people are worried about having their absolute peace and quite than keeping the neighborhood kids OUT of trouble. I have several family members living in that ganeral area who complain of frequent vandilism and petty theft. The kids are bored.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Good luck to you guys in defense of your track. Hopefully somebody "steals the wheels off his house" anyway, lol.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
IndyMX said:

Boy, you hit the nail on the head Indy. :nod:

No disrespect to Pred but, it seems like once these people get elected, they lose their spines. They run on a platform of getting the job done but, once in office they forget who put them there and why. When they do this, WE THE PEOPLE need to stand up and expose them for the cowards they are.

We are losing our rights as American Citizens because our elected officials have let us down. They are only interested in being re-elected and keeping their cushy jobs that WE THE PEOPLE pay for.

I have lost all respect for elected officials from the top down. Respect is earned, not given along with a job title. If you sit there afraid to open your mouth and say the right thing at the right time, you have no integrity. You should lose your job and give it to someone that is willing to stand up for the people that they represent. These types of elected officials are becoming fewer and farther between.

Like I said, this was not directed at you Pred but, It's something to think about at your next meeting when a Citizen is standing before you asking for some common sense direction. If you just sit there and bite your tongue, YOU are part of the problem. :|

I am spending my day at a tax revolt rally today in Fullerton. This is because of our Governor Benedict Arnold. Arnold ran on the foundation that he would lower taxes. He said he would cut the car tax that Gray Davis was imposing. He said he would put the Democrats that were only interested in rasing taxes and spending the peoples money in their places.

Once he was elected, he lost his spine. He did a complete 180. He has proposed raising taxes and almost doubling the car tax. This is at a time when WE THE PEOPLE are suffering and many can't pay their bills. Rather than cut back on government like he promised us he would do, he did just the opposite. Now they get to keep their cushy jobs with all the perks and WE THE PEOPLE pay for it.

That is, unless WE THE PEOPLE stand up and do something. ;)

Time to stand up and take back our country while we still can.

Top Bottom