Perry Mountain HS

RanMan

May 22, 2002
This will be my third race at Perry Mtn. Survived 2 harescrambles
and one enduro. I'm thinking about letting my son race the adult race as he has done a few times before, but I was wondering
if anyone had any insight on trails. Is that hillclimb behind the clubhouse gonna be part of it this time? He doesn't like the kids race. Says they are too short. He has never raced the adult course
at Perry Mtn, but has has in Greensboro and South Carolina and done very well. Just trying to get some idea.

FOX426

Dec 12, 2000
Sounds like he will do fine. What bike is he riding? This past Sunday they had a fun ride that gave a good taste of the course. The green trail or bike only course was tuff and tight in some places but nothing too extrodinary. I had a buddy who is in his 40s and out of shape, he rode it on a TTr225 and survived. Granted a race is more difficult but if your son can handle the terrain and has race experience he will enjoy it.

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I have no clue what the coarse lay out is, but trust me i know the trails very well and there is no where a 85 can't go. One of the local kids Tyler Carter last year on a 60 was climbing a hill that was a major problem during the enduro "but we won't take the hairscramble up it". Sign him up in the begginer class or mabey even the junior class. But the Beginner class would be alot easyer. :yeehaw:

Last edited:

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
There is a trail beside the hill (right side) that your son could use as an alternate route. it might be a bit grown over but some guys were using it during the 24 hour race last year.

Last edited:

RanMan

May 22, 2002
Thanks for all the info. He does pretty good on the 85. Just this weekend, we went 55 miles in the North Geogia mountains. I thought some of these places should be off limits to hikers much less motorcycles. Some trails were easy and some were tuff. In the few races I have been to at Perry Mtn., I haven't seen anything that he couldn't go through except that fun ride they had several months ago. We came to a big mud hole on the black trail that I wouldn't even go through.

Hope to eventually meet some of you down there. We'll be in a green Kia Sportage with trailer. Shouldn't be hard to miss that set up.LOL

Once again...thanks

kawy

Jan 8, 2002
The trail is going to be around 7 miles long and should take around 15 minutes for the fast guys. The first mile or two is real fast so everyone should be able to get spread out early.

Dec 15, 2001
RanMan:

I've seen this Kawy guy ride. If he can make it around the course, your son should be able to do the same (faster)!!!!

Sorry, Kawy!!!! It has been a long time!!!!!

121:

Keep up the good work. As long as that Krusty KTM is behind you, and you keep reeling in on the Suzuki, you'll be alright.

kawy

Jan 8, 2002
612 it has been a long time your wife must have let you get back on since she won't even let you straddle the 612 or you are using her for an excuse to hide from Austin & Kyser.

RanMan

May 22, 2002
Yea, I guess I need to change my reply now about the rain. Does gully washer mean anything? Gonna get more today. Have you ever been to Perry Mtn and NOT seen any mud? Supposed to be a pretty day Sunday though.
Think I'm gonna put ski's under my forks...lol....Gonna be a blast.

NEMX305

~SPONSOR~
Mar 25, 2001
I should be getting there tomorrow around 7 pm. Anyone know if there is anyplace to eat near the track, or should I bring everything with me that I will need for food? Needless to say, this is my first time there. Thanks Tim

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
Ranman,
What class will you be riding? I'll be on the Super Senior row on a KTM 300.
I'm glad they got some rain; that place is rough when it's real dusty.
See ya there,

orangezuk

Jan 1, 2003

Coming from Georgia, you are gonna have to eat somewheres close to the interstate, or bring your own....there isn't much to choose from in the big city of Stanton...there should plenty of choices in Clanton.....

RanMan

May 22, 2002
Originally posted by KDXfile
Ranman,
What class will you be riding? I'll be on the Super Senior row on a KTM 300.
I'm glad they got some rain; that place is rough when it's real dusty.
See ya there,

Not sure what class I will be in this time. I usually ride the Vet C when
SETRA is sponsoring, but SERA doesn't have that class. Plus I'm on a new bike (200 EXC) and I used to ride DRZ250. I may try the Open C class
because I don't want to race in the beginner class.

I'll try to look you up. I'll be wearing blue Shift gear w/ blue helmet on a matching ORANGE bike. :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…