boogbeater

Sep 11, 2002
Right now in downtown maplesville al "its raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock"..If this doesnt stop it will be a mud race but its not supposed to rain anymore just turn cold.

FOX426

Dec 12, 2000
I rode the fun run last week. They did have about 13 mile of new trail, or close to it , keep connecring with some old stuff. A couple of mud holes, typical PM. If we get sun and some wind this week it ought be about right, no more rain of course.

enduro400

Oct 19, 2001
Markit - - Quicksand and myself are going up to the race! We'll look ya up !! I'm not going to ride, only "Quicksand", I'll be the pit crew and photo shooter this weekend !!

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
I spoke with one of the club members last week and he said they were hoping to have a 15 mile lap that is mostly on "high" ground.  Yes, there will be the occasional mud hole and the field is usually muddy this time of year.  However, the weather forcast is looking good with only a 30% chance of rain on Friday. 

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Pretty good...:)  Oh, you meant Lemming, not me. 

I'm planning on racing this weekend if it's not going to be a sloppy mess.  I was there a few years ago when it rained 2 inches right before the start of the race.  It was NASTY!!!!  (it was a 1 lap kinda day)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
It's been raining off and on this afternoon and is supposed to rain tonight.  Also, it's supposed to clear out by tomorrow morning.

We'll see.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Hey Mark,

Yea, I busted my ankle in 7 places and that took me out for 3 months :whiner:   However, I'm back, feeling good, and riding a pumpkin this year.  I'll be driving down Sunday morning and will see you on the line 

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
Lemming: Glad to hear that you are healed and ready to make your assault on the vet B class. how do you like your 200 compared to the diesel?

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by ktmracer
Lemming: ... how do you like your 200 compared to the diesel?

I bet Lemming likes it compared to his previous ride. Picture this: Remember the rabbit called Thumper and why he was given the name? Pun intended. Enough said ;-)

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Thay'll give you a number (for your bike) and bar code to go on you helmet ( put duct tape on your helmet first then bar code on the tape). Dont worry about the rules, I dont.

Last edited:

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
For tight woods riding you can't beat the 200 and it does surprisingly well in the whoops (rode Meridian last weekend). All in all, I'm happy to be on a small 2 stroker again.

The 450 will be going up for sale as soon as I get it cleaned up.

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
Originally posted by RanMan
....I had to stay back at the trucks. Someone had to
keep an eye on them :).

Hey RanMan - what do you mean you had to stay back at the trucks? Is that gizmo still not working yet?

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Scores are posted at http://msws.org/SCOREMACHINE/03ws/7/MC-P2.TXT .  Hawk, Blackwell, and Hawkins were the top 3 and I can tell you those boys were moving when they lapped me :whiner:

RanMan, do I know you?

Well I got off to a good start, can you say holeshot :yeehaw:   The problem is that my lead was short lived.  I was really hot going through the barrels (holeshot marker) and went wide.  Two riders got under me and I was 3 or 4 when I hit the mud ditch.  Unfortunately I crashed coming out of the mud ditch and the entire pack got by me (38 riders in my row).  I managed to work my way to 21 after the first lap and to 18th at the finish.  Not how I wanted to start the season but at least I had fun.  The course was in great shape except for the starting field.  Hats off to the PerryMountain crew for another job well done. 

RanMan

May 22, 2002
Sharp...yea, I got it fixed. Sent it back and went
back to manual clutch.

Lemming....I was the one that didn't get to ride in
Meridian because of clutch. I also have a 200.

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
Yea, My race went about the same as Tim's but I started my bike before the
start and had to reset everything for another start (4t thing) and got off the line back really far and then got stuck and crashed more times than ever.
My Perry mtn curse is still going strong, Why I like this race so much I dont know!!LOL It was fun In a sick kind of way I guess.

Lemming

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Mark - I was tempted to kick you over with my right foot when you started your bike with 4 seconds to go. However, I decided that I didn't want to take my foot off of my kickstarter and miss the start.

RanMan - now I know. So you were not able to race due to the clutch?

MARK IT

~SPONSOR~
Sep 5, 1999
LOL, IT would have been fully justified, I dont do that often @ all. I guess you had me spooked with that bad a$$ed 200!

Top Bottom