Perry State Forest, OH - Sunday 10/21

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
We are planning a ride at Perry State Forest next Sunday (10/21)

So far it's myself, smb_racing, Squad_3670 (On his comeback from a broken fibula), and Curt the Non-DRNer. Possibly erac and Magnus as well.

Let us know!

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
daniel (smb_katoomer) has requested that day off, if he gets it he'll be riding up with me. Good weather hopefully.

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Where exactly is this riding area? My sister-in-law lives near Toledo and is trying to find riding areas in OH. Are there easy to mid-level trails there?

Thanks

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Swanton forest

jeb, there is a small riding spot in Swanton. It's about a half hour west of Toledo on Rt. 2 past the airport. The Ohio DNR regulates it, tons of whoops and creative single track through the pines.

Let me know when you may be in the area and we can hook up for a ride.

RAS

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
:( Wrong weekend again.
jeb. Perry is an hour south east of Columbus. Off of exit 132 on I-70. Rt 13 south to Somerset Ohio. All kinds of trails,easy and hard (not real hard). Lot of off camber,roots and rocks. BIG mudholes,some of them will swallow your bike.I've seen quite a few ladies on quads there this year. Wayne might be a little better for beginners. If they want ot goto either let me know and I'll try to get together with them.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
if dan will dish it out we're holding you to that one jason. :scream:

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
Originally posted by SPD
:( Wrong weekend again.
jeb. Perry is an hour south east of Columbus. Off of exit 132 on I-70. Rt 13 south to Somerset Ohio. All kinds of trails,easy and hard (not real hard). Lot of off camber,roots and rocks. BIG mudholes,some of them will swallow your bike.I've seen quite a few ladies on quads there this year. Wayne might be a little better for beginners. If they want ot goto either let me know and I'll try to get together with them.

Thanks SPD and guys. Where is Wayne? I'm planning on heading down the weekend before Thanksgiving to visit my wife's family. Are these areas worth dragging my bike along for? Will they be open? Any fee's, etc I should know about?

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Wayne is 5.00 per day. Your sis-inlaw will need a Oh APV sticker,you will be alright since your from out of state, Just need the Wayne permit. Wayne is good for an allday ride with family along, It's got some easy and hard trails. Not real hard. Perry is smaller but tighter trails. off camber,rocks and roots.I don't know what your use to riding. Wayne is about an 1 1/2 south of Columbus.Will be open until Dec 15th

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
hey jimmy, what time we meeting up?

smb_katoomer

Feb 24, 2001
as jeff said, if i get the day off i will ride. oh yea, if i get to go the peanut eater will go too. man, it is going to be funny watching jason ride that thing:p

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
prez, we're coming from St. Clairsville, OH, which is in the eastern part of the state along I 70 - not far from Wheeling, WV.

The guy from Cleveland has a bit longer drive... 2.5 to 3 hrs would be my guess.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I always wanted to checkout Perry, but unfortunately I am riding Wayne instead this weekend. Will be at hotdog stand at 1pm with my quad buddy if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom