helio lucas

~SPONSOR~
Jun 20, 2007
i heard on the news this morning. how thing´s going????

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
Sorry to take an age to reply but this post seems to have gotten lost along the way and I just found it today whwn I searched my user name.
The first quake before christmas did a lot of damage but not many injuries, but unfortunately the February quake claimed 160 lives. No-one I know personally but it is messing with our entire country to have to rebuild half our 3rd largest city. The ground liquified and ruined all underground services as well as the building damage. I heard yesterday that most of the debris will be used as a land reclamation in the port of littleton to extend a wharf.
Since that time Japan has had a bigger quake and suffered badly from the tsunami that followed and lost thousands of lives. I also heard news of large quakes in Europe with substantial loss of life. And most recently you guys are getting hammered by the worst tornadoes in my 50 year memmory.
Thanks to all who spared a thought for the suffering of others. I hope we all live on to ride some more Pesky nz

pesky nz

Sep 13, 2010
lots more shakin' and building damage yesterday but only about six injuries (all minor). No rest in sight as each time one part of the faultline lets go it over strains the next weakest link in the chain, over 1000 aftershocks so far. There is talk of demolishing whole suburbs. Hoping the earth settles soon.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Best of luck to everyone. Mother Nature seems to be playing havoc all over the globe these days.

Top Bottom