Phelan outing anyone?

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Hey all- Coming to Apple Valley this weekend (6/8-9)and want to ride in the Phelan area. Who's game to show me this sand hill you all talk about?

Bill

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Post this in the " Places to ride" forum and you will get a better responce.

If I can get my scooter put back together I'm in.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
O&S---it's pretty warm, but we've been getting the cool breezes later in the day. Jr. and I were up there last weekend and there was a nice cool breeze at the top.
I say we go Sunday; that gives me Saturday to service the bikes, Thumbs gets an extra day to re-assemble his, and Boodac gets to go.
Pvt. Jkr. was looking to go also (on another post). I'll give him a heads up!
Bill--PM me if you would like directions or want to meet somewhere.

Where do you guys want to meet? The railroad trestle? At the top where we went last time? How's 9:00 AM Sunday sound?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Just a heads up for you guys.... The last 2 times I parked under the trestles they were checking stickers and spark arrestors. We had both so it was no problem but they turned a few guys around.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Im game for anytime and and anywhere. Just let me know. Not sure what you meant by the "ridges parking spot" but Im sure I know the spot rather than the name.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
KTMBoy- I would recommend a meeting spot like last time. Then we can all drive in together.

Since most of us got lost leaving Im pretty sure none of us will find the entrance.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
That would be Wendy's at the 395 & 15 for those of you that were not there last time.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Its getting hot.... Can I be a jerk and say 7 or 8 am? That way we are staged and hopefully riding by 8.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Joker- You need to clean out your PM's

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
Can I be a jerk

Just do what comes naturally. :moon:

7-8 what so you have to wake up 15 min before we meet?

I'll see if I can swing it. I'll be out playing all day Sat. so I gotta check with the warden/cashdrain. :o

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Are we talking the old Ease/Wilson RD or we talking something near Wendy's? Im thinking since Im only 1/4 mile from Wendys it might be worth riding over rather than loading the bike, gear and driving. Anyone? Anyone? Bueler?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Let's set this in stone.

Where: Wendy's parking lot at 395 & 15
When: 7:30am and we leave at 8am to head to the staging area reguardless if anyone is running late.

KTMboy - Can you post directions from Wendy's to the staging area for those that will be late.

Remember that you will need an Adventure pass for parking. Can't get them at Wendy's but here is a link to where you can get one.

http://www.r5.fs.fed.us/angeles/visitor/adventurepass/vendors_a.htm

Is anyone up for a ride to the Hill Top burger joint for lunch?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue

Just do what comes naturally. :moon:

7-8 what so you have to wake up 15 min before we meet?

There are advantages to living in the Inland Empire. Not many......

I would join in on the burger ride. If we have to go back and look for you again then your buying the burgers.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff
I would join in on the burger ride. If we have to go back and look for you again then your buying the burgers.
I'll bring plenty of cash just in case.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
What, you didn't like following a lost guy around in the desert?

I'll bring extra plugs as always. And the GPS just in case.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
OK, for you late guys, here's the directions to the staging area:
From the Wendys at the 15/395 Jct. turn rt. (north) and go about 1 mile to the next traffic light which is Phelan Rd. if you turn left, which is what you'll do! (It's Main St. if you turn Rt.) I can't remember the exact mileage (2-3 miles, but at the next light you come to you'll turn left. (Baldy Mesa Rd.)

About 1 mile in the road turns to dirt after crossing the RR tracks. From this point it's about 5 miles, so don't panic. Just stay on this road until you pass an orange 'Road ends' sign, and come to a sort of cul-de-sac looking dead-end. Take the path to your left (past the abandoned, stripped VW) which will dump you onto the powerline road on which you'll turn right.
Go approx. 1 mile on the P.L. road and park under the towers where the green sticker trails start. (Marked by signs.)

These directions ought to scare you enough to be on time! :p

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Have fun Guys, I'm going back to the dez to finish what I started, try to steal some more pts by the end of the year.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…