Phelan outing anyone?

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
JPIVEY & MXBetsy - Good luck guy's. I will be looking for the races reports. Do us proud......

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
Just got thru checking temps at Phelan. High today 104.6 F!!

Bill Beard, you started this you gonna be there to enjoy so cal weather.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Originally posted by oldandslo

High today 104.6 F!!

Start filling your bodies up with water, although it's supposed to cool down to around 100 F ;)

:whiner: <------ That's not whinning, that's sweat :aj:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Calling Bill Beard, calling Bill Beard where are you?

So far it looks like
Thumbs
ktmboy
oldnslo
RMjeff
Pvt Joker
boodac

Bill Beard ???
Scar ???

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok you guys may be picking my dehydrated body off the hot tundra but Im planning on being there. Tired of reading the ride reports wishing I could have gone.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Windy today--over 100 degrees, but with the wind chill factor, about 85. Also supposed to be cooler by Sunday.
Pray that the wind stays--it cools things down and also blows the dust off of the trail before the next rider comes through.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Am I the only one taking a chance with a red sricker?

Don't forget your Avdenture pass!

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Well, the filters are cleaned, oiled, and mounted, fresh pre-mix in the gas cans, and the bikes are loaded up in the trailer and garaged, ready to be hooked up early tomorrow A.M.
Forest Adventure Pass is sitting on top of my hydration system. All that's left to do is shop for some munchies and drinks tonight, and load all the gear and hook up tomorrow.
Weather is much cooler today, windy, (that's a good thing!), and Jr. got a rear brake job on his scoot, so he's all set to learn how to brake-slide the tight stuff tomorrow.
Why do I still get so stoked the day before these rides? I guess that's why I'm still doing it! :cool:
Now that I'm teaching the boy to ride, it adds a whole new element to the exitement level, not to mention how nervous it makes me now that he's doing it! He's loving it as much as I do though, and just like Elk talked about wrenching on the bikes together with Elk Jr., it's so much fun working on the bikes now that I'm doing it with my boy. :)
I'll be a little slow tomorrow, as Rich and I will be coaching the younguns' along, but I think this will work out okay tomorrow as we'll catch up to you guys at the sandhill, and once we hit the tight singletrack I think these two will do just fine! :D
Well, I'm looking forward to another fine Wrecking Crew ride, and I'll see you all tomorrow! :aj:

Bill Beard

Dec 3, 2001
Hey guys I'm here!
Got back a little while ago from a ride with my bro-in-law and step son. We had to take the young-un out (he rode my quad). We went over by Bell Mtn./Stoddard Valley. It was OK. Nice warm-up for tomorrow. YES we [bro-in-law(Butch)and I] are coming. See you all at Wendy's at 730am. As for the heat, What heat? It's cool here in CA. We have real heat in AZ. hehe

oldandslo

Aug 29, 2001
High today 97.7. Max wind 33.4 mph. High Sunday 84.

Should be great weather for a ride. See you at 8 at Wendy's

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I will meet you guys at the staging area. I am bringing a friend so we are going to park down by the 15 & 138 and ride up to you guys. I figure I will be at your staging area at 8-8:15.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Bill-it's actually been very pleasant here the last couple of days. It's just that whenever the valley/coastal boys come up they think it's hot up here. Wait 'til July; that's when it gets hot. I've worked in Arizona before though (Tuscon, Phoenix), and I'm very greatful to live in the much cooler HIGH desert as opposed to the LOW (HOT, HOT, HOT) desert where you reside!
When it gets too warm there you always know where you can ride where it's cooler! :cool:

Jeff-We'll see you at the staging area.

To all the Wendys caravan guys--White Explorer/trailer with wood sides, 2 bikes-KTM/white Yamaha. See you there! :)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Have fun guys. I rode with some friends on Thursday at Ocotillo Wells. Talk about HOT. :scream: It was 113 degrees by 11:00 am. Needless to say, we didn't ride in the afternoon. :eek:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…