a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hey to all who attended the Africa hot Elsinore ride, the Phelon ride is a go. We are planning on going the first Sat. in Sept. Anyone who wants to attend, it's a coat and tie event. If you go, there will be no air conditioning allowed, we all have to stick together! It'll start around 0700, that's 7am for you civilians that don't Habla! We should be done around 1'ish or so, but that's not set in concrete. We might even hit the cafe on the 138 so bring some greenbacks. Stay tuned for more info, if the mass can't make it, we can change it to another Saturday. Cya

Elk

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
I have an interest in joining too, but would appreciate some background info on the ride. I'm a relatively novice rider, but am reluctant to head off onto the trails with a bunch of experts. Don't want to get in over my head AND don't want to slow down the group. Thanks.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
For those who don't know, The Phelon area is between the 138 and 395, west of the 15. The riding area is great, lots of everything for anyone. Big hill climbs, tracks, road jumps, goat trails, rolling hills, fire roads and washed with woops till the end. It fits every type of rider, kids included. There will be rides that we can take and we will know in advance on how tough they will be so guys can decide then. If you don't want to take that ride, you can stay near the trucks and ride the tracks, trails and road jumps. Trust me, I take alot of people there and not one has come back displeased. It's one of those places we need to keep clean and taken care of, not one where we piss of the locals or it'll be gone. I'll give more detailed directions later. Thanks

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by a454elk
It's one of those places we need to keep clean and taken care of, not one where we piss of the locals or it'll be gone.

YES YES AND YES.

That place is awesome. I ride there as often as possible. KTMBoy and I were up there last Saturday and the ride was excellent.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
If you go, there will be no air conditioning allowed, we all have to stick together! Elk
Sounds like misery wants company.:eek:

I'm in........and I'm bringing my air conditioned f one fity:p

What is "The Phelon"?
"Phelan" is the name of the city and road near where all the carnage will happen.

Don't want to get in over my head AND don't want to slow down the group.
We are all expert riders and will leave you in the middle of the desert choking on dust if you slow us down. Still want to go? :think

Now for some truth.......There is something for everyone where we will be riding. Don't worry about slowing anyone down. (if I were any slower I would be going backwards) I'm always willing to ride sweep to keep the group together. So come on out and enjoy a day of carnage and laughs. :)

Thumbs

Last edited:

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
This sounds very good, if there will be kids that would be great to know and is a non-green tag allowed

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Not sure on the kids that are attending but they are always welcome. I have a red sticker and haven't ahd a problem yet. There could always be the chance of a ranger happening along but not likely, I haven't seen one there yet in the past 3 years. Like I said, if we don't rile up the locals, we are fine.

Thumbs my brother! Thanks for passing me on the freeway with your windows closed last week. How was the air, cool I bet, hope you got a cold!!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I have too have a red sticker and have not had any problems. I have seen the ranger twice and just waved and rode on by.

elk - I did get a cold and because of it......it looks like I'll have to take off work Thursday and Friday and go to Kennedy Meadows for the weekend. I think the altitude will help.;)

EM rider

Apr 27, 2001
Sounds like this place has something for everyone, so I'm in IF I can get a day pass from my wife. We have a 2 week old baby so I don't want to be too assertive in pushing for ride time.

Thumbs, you may live to regret riding sweep sweep with me on the trail, but I do appreciate the offer.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It looks like we have the making of a 4 or 5 page posting for a one day ride! Thumbs, I wish you well in the mountains, hope the cold clears up. Don't quote me on this but here are the directions: 15 North to 395 North, after you pass the first gas station off the freeway, Phelon road should be about a mile . Left on Phelon Road for about 7+ miles until you go under the large power lines. Wilson Ranch Road should be the next paved road on the left. Left on Wilson Ranch Road (should pass a school bus lot on the right) for about 2+ miles. The road comes to an end at the top of the road jump. Look to the left and you should see the track and parking area. We have time before the trek so there will be plenty of time for questions! Food, drinks and gas are needed, maybe some money if we make the cafe trip. We'll see how this one shapes up!

Elk

homey

Aug 7, 2001
I might be interrested in meeting you guys out there along with some friends that are newbies. I usually go out to Bell Mountain, is this place simmilar? What is the travel time from Orange County?

MXDad

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 25, 2000
Sounds like a fun ride. I think we'll be past b-ball season and just prior to soccer, so maybe we can make a Saturday ride. If we go, there will be at least one, maybe three kids (KTM 50, TTR-90 and KX 100) along.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by EM rider
I'm a relatively novice rider, but am reluctant to head off onto the trails with a bunch of experts.

A bunch of Experts. This guys definatly talking about me. :p

We just haven't figure out what I'm an expert at.

EM rider.... this id definatly a novice ride. You should only have to jump a 40 - 50 ft. gorge once or twice. ;) Just kidding.

It's only 30ft max.

I'm in if I can arrange child care for the morning. As my wife is outta town.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
15 North to 395 North, after you pass the first gas station off the freeway, Phelon road should be about a mile . Left on Phelon Road for about 7+ miles until you go under the large power lines.
Elk

Elk & thumbs, Can't you get there quicker on the 15 to the 138? and out? I can't remenber exactly where it is. But thumbs and I took this route out once.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
If Bundys going, I'm in. I want to see the little diesel on the sand hill!
Jeff, that was an awesome ride. Perfect weather, with that breeze! I'm still a little sore. Must have been the death grip.
BTW, yes you can take the 138.There's a cutoff just past the Wrightwood turnoff. It's a right turn, curves left, and dumps you onto Phelan Rd.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yes, you can get there from the 138 and itis quicker, I just get in that rut thing cause it was the first way I went. If you take the 138, go past the Wrightwood turnoff and turn right on Sheep Creek Road. That will hit Phelon road, tuirn right and it should be about 2.5 miles to Wilson Ranch, turn right and you are back on track

I might take my daughter there on the xr100, so it can be a kids day too. There is a track where we park the truck so the kids can run that all day and not get bored. There are plenty of trails in different directions so we can pick and choose what we want, split up, doesn't matter. We all have to go to the sand climb though, gotta see all the boys climb the hill of death!
Elk

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
This sounds great but 7 AM, that means I gotta leave my house at like 4:30AM coming from San Diego!! I'm not sure if my eyes will open that early?:scream:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
RMJeff, hey seeing that you are from Fontana, have you ever ridden on the East side of the 15 near Fontana? I took a trail up the side of the mountain there that was next to some bee hives and power lines. I think they built some homes around there now but it was a grreat ride!

Hey Sirhk, we really don't want to hear about your early rising problems, just be there and enjoy it!!! I'm sure a trucker wouldn't mind you sleeping in his sleeper at the I-15 truck scales, that way you can roll out of bed and ride.(Smiley face) How the heck do you guys put those darn smiley faces in?!
Elk

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
RMJeff, hey seeing that you are from Fontana, have you ever ridden on the East side of the 15 near Fontana? I think they built some homes around there now but it was a grreat ride!

I think I may be living on the spot you are talking about. I have heard bikes riding behind my house but I dont wanna take the chance.

Top Bottom