fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Anybody else having problems viewing the pictures in the gallery? All I get is the little white box with the red X in it. I tried to use the search to see if I could find an answer, but all I got was the "Dreaded 404 Error." I don't have to become an STM now to see the pics, do I?

I also tried to copy the image and paste it in MS Word, but no dice. This stinks...

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fender, this is probably a problem on your end of the connection. Make sure you didn't accidentally turn off the photo download capability on your browser. Also, if your connection is slow, your browser will not download pictures consistently.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Well, it does the same thing on both of our computers, and we've got a cable modem. I can also get pictures from other sites. ...any other ideas? :think:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'm assuming that nothing has really changed on either of these 2 computers that you know of, and it just recently started doing it to both...

1) Are pictures in the DRN Photo Gallery the only images that do not display? When you click "Photos" in the DRN menu header, do you see the recent pictures of texkxkdx? I do know that there are broken links to some of the older photos in the DRN gallery.

2) Seems odd that this behavior suddenly started happening on both computers at the same time. :think: Are both computers networked to a cable modem router? If so, shut down both computers, unplug the network cables, and unplug the power cord to the cable modem. Wait 30 seconds. Plug all network cables back in, then plug in the power cord to the cable modem, and finally boot up one of the computers. See what happens.

3) Go into Internet Options (Tools | Internet Options menu in IE), and click on the Delete Files... button, and check the Offline Content option.

4) Also under Internet Options, like MW suggested, make sure that under the Advanced tab, the Show Pictures checkbox is checked. If all else fails, can you at least right-click on a red-x image placeholder and select "Show Picture"?

5) Maybe your dad turned on CyberSitter while he is gone, and you really shouldn't be looking at those sites anyway!

Hope this helps...

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Also, if you're using a router, is it a wireless connection on the computers? If so, check to make sure you're communicating at the fastest possible rate. I've got four computers in the house, and only one on a hard connection. Sometimes the wireless ones will change communication rate for no apparent reason.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
Maybe your dad turned on CyberSitter while he is gone, and you really shouldn't be looking at those sites anyway!

ha ha...NOT THOSE SITES!

Yes, all of our computers that have internet are hooked to a network hub that's connected to the modem...in a minute I'm gonna disconnect and give that a shot...

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I disconnected the modem...no luck.

No, I can't see any of the pictures in the gallery. But if I go to Honda.com or something, I can see the pics there. The ONLY place I have this problem is the gallery on DRN. That's why I posted in here...odd.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
I've had this skin (ekko expanded) for quite a while and I don't remember ever having problems viewing pictures with it. This has just happened within the last couple weeks.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Hmmph...it must have been the skin. I just switched to "blue steel-ad free" and voila, there the pics were. Thanks everybody!

Top Bottom