Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We're going to put together a web based photo / video "journal" of DW '01. We will also make available CD-ROM's assuming we get enough material.

I need to collect prints, scans, copies of any and all pics that anyone is willing to send... I will mail back anything you send in.

Please mail everything you can to:

DirtWeek 01
PO Box 526
Island Lake, Ill. 60042-0526

If you post them on websites, please email me with the address at
okie@dirtrider.net

If you have good quality scans, email them to me.

If you have video, please mail it to the PO Box above. If you have 8mm or mini-DV and can send the original, it would be appreciated. I promise to turn it around right away!

Thanks!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
2 tapes going out wednesday!

Did anyone else have problems with the powerline causing interferrence? I have little bursts of waves only when i was near the powerline filming Nikki's Tag Team Harescramble while flaggin'. No problems anywhere else except near the powerline. :(

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Can't wait to see what everyone got- my cameras auto focus went out but my wife kept snapping pics. I got a whole lotta rolls of well if you look at the right angle it might be the south end of a NB bull or it could be me starting my bike:confused: . If anyone has any pics of a bike with 35 on it (thekid, my wife, or me) let me know:)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Did anyone get a video of the tire changing seminar? If you did, I'll mail you a tape with return postage if you would be willing to make me a copy.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Is it possible to add captions after the pictures are posted? I have 2 cds, and I can't figure out how to post them but could easily burn copies and send them (you could keep them). If I could add captions after they were posted that would be super.

thanks,
motometal!

B

biglou

Here's what I did, Moto: I opened them in "Paint", then expanded the bitmap at the bottom of the photo and inserted text. You can choose the size and color of the text and you don't have to worry about it being visible over the varying colors of the photograph. Simple and crude, but it works!:)

motopuffs

Mar 15, 2001
I really a beginner at this...what is this program "paint"? If I send Okie my discs, is there any way on line, with the help of you guys, I could add captions at a later time?

B

biglou

How many pix do you have? If you want to send (Email) them to me I can caption them for you. "Paint" should be a standard program on all late model PC's.
Hit your "Start" button, then "Programs", then "Accessories", then "Paint". I'm a total computer spode too, but I am a quick learner. It just takes some playing around to figure it all out. I read the "Help" topics a lot!
Go ahead and Email me direct with the info on how many pix you have and hopefully we can get this done.:) I'll either send them back to you or mail them direct to Okie, since I am on a T1 line here at work.

Last edited by a moderator:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Okie,

During dirtweek '01, I was on the MX track, probably Friday. Heard a bike behind me, after half a lap or so he went around me. Turned out to be billywho with the helmet cam. I was just wondering if the video turned out, and if so, were you planning on posting?

There are probably still quite a few pictures to come out of the woodwork. I have a roll and a half of film on cds, just have to take time to figure out how to put them on the site. Otherwise, if I can't get it, I may send them to you.

Thanks!
-motometal

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom