Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Does anyone know an EASY way to setup a photo album online. I have been through three different sites, photopoint,Yahoo, fotango, and I have big problems uploading photos. Whazzup !! I tryed converting to jpeg format, tryed Adobe Photo (softwear that came with my dig cam), and they just dont upload. I'm using Win ME with Internet Explorer. Does anyone know any secrets???? Thanks in advance!:think

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
To me, having your own URL is the best way to display photos. I don't know what type of provider you have, but they may have some options for you.
Members of providers like AOL and Compuserve get some space with the deal.
With your own website, you can upload as fast as your connection will allow you. You also don't have "photopost" type sites advertizing applets to put up with. Also, load photos to your own site in what ever stinkin format your heart desires. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
I use yahoo - and love it!! It's so easy... and you get tons of space for free! I have about 50-60 pictures up and have used maybe 10% of my space.

I scan the pix and save them as .jpeg format. Then go to www.yahoo.com - click on photos - and you can upload like 5 or 6 at a time right off of a disk or your hard drive or internet or whatever.

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Jay Bird, That sound good! I'm am CS so I'll look into that!

Niki, Tryed Yahoo and didnt havnt muck luck, but I'm still learning.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
An easy, free way is Photofun.com. You can have a photoalbum, or an actual website like mine. Both free and easy. You can check out mine for an example(it's in my signature):)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
You're close! The link works, but it takes you to a log-in screen and asks for a user ID and password. There must be another link address to use for visitors to your album.

I changed over to Yahoo since Photopoint started charging for their site. I found Yahoo easier to use than Photopoint.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Lori,
People will have the same problem seeing your pictures on Yahoo if they don’t already have an account with Yahoo. I just bit the bullet and paid for photopoint:confused:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I used to use photopoint until they started requiring money (which seems to be in short supply lately) so I gave webshots a try and it's pretty cool so far, easy upload and editing. Click "My photos" in my sig. to view the few that I have put up so far.

Top Bottom