Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Karna and I just got back from two days at Elkins Flat- The conditions were nearly perfect! Some of the more shaded trails
were a little "gooey" in places, and up on top snow made some trails impassable, but overall it was nearly perfect. The polecat
this weekend should be nearly perfect!

The bummer was all the Closed Area's that had fresh tracks through them. We noticed at least four areas that were more than clearly marked as "closed to motorized vehicles" that had been
ridden on by multiple people. There were several hillclimbs that
had been recently "rehabed" with waterburms and hay that some
goofballs felt the need to go destroy. Dont people understand
that this is the type of behavior that gets places shut down?

Anyways, the Sierra's are perfect right now, Karna loves her
new bike, and we got two days of good trail riding together.
It should be still really good this weekend.

Have fun, Karna and Justin

MelloYello

~SPONSOR~
Nov 22, 2002
Hey Justin, sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm looking forward to riding up there on Sunday.

It's a shame that a few irresponsible riders will have a much greater (negative) impact than a multitude of responsible ones.

Congratulations on the new bike.:thumb: You guys are so continental now.:silly:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Sounds like a great ride!! I want to take a spin on on the new GasGas Memorial Weekend.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Justin, I'm glad to hear that you and Karna had a nice ride.
I imagine Karna was smiling whole time she was on her new Gas Gas. ;)

And yes, it is sad to know that some people don't really care the rules! There always are people like that. When I was in Carnegie last Saturday, despite of a sign of 15 mph speed limit on the road, this guy on an ATV flew past by a ranger on his ATV. :laugh: Of course, the ranger passed back and caught the guy. I hope the ranger gave a ticket to this guy.

I can't wait to ride with you guys again. It looks like I'm going to watch the Cow Pile Trial event on this Saturday.
Mini

Last edited:

Karna&Justin

~SPONSOR~
Sep 27, 2001
Hi Mini!

Justin and I have had a change of plans. I am almost 98% sure we are going to go to the Cow Pile Trial on Sunday. Justin has his best friend's 30th B-day party in S.F. the night before and has decided to stay the night there and then ride up to meet my dad and I at the Trial's event. He hasn't pre-entered in the Qualifier figured it would be easier for him to go to Petaluma from S.F. than Longbarn. Plus, my dad keeps telling us how good the riding is up there and it is a definate "DON'T MISS!" So, maybe we will see you there? If you bring your pampera and ride from section to section you can enter and share the Monty with me? What do you think?

Take Care! Wish Buddy well for us!

Karna

sigar

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2000
That's good news, I'm heading up there this weekend. What trails did the race take place on? My favorite is 25. Hope the conditions hold.

jho410

~SPONSOR~
Apr 30, 2002
Don't know any trail numbers. One area had a sign called Boulder Creek - it was in the second or third sepcial test. There were a few puddles but nothing to worry about. There was a lot of dust in a single track grassy area that looked like an old burned out area none anywhere else. Should be fine this weekend.

Top Bottom