84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
hey, so some of you might have read my forum about asking how to do my first silencer packing job. It seemed easy enough so i got all the materils tonight and did it, trying it out tommorow after the silicone dries. So here is a pic of my Silencer and my packing, like i said before i dont think it has been changed since 1984 when the bike was made. The Packing was so saturated with oil i could literally squeeze it and oil would drip. Most the baffle holes were completely filled with carbona nd i had to use a crosshead screwdriver to get the carbon out. It was cancer in a tube! now she'll be the qietest bike on the track.(silent but deadly)

silencerpacking-1.jpg

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
When I repacked the silencer on a kx 125, I used a small propane torch and heated the carrot. I gently banged it against something solid and the carbon would fall off like dust. I didn't have the patience to push it out with a screwdriver at each and every hole.

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
ya so i get all these ideas after i do the silencer job, not before. Ive got a pressure washer and a blow torch. I just never thaught of using them. There was only enough packing to probably only fit half the baffle the rest must had been burnt and blown out the end.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
If you would've asked before, maybe you could've got those tips.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom