Picking the 04 rm125 up on saturday 20th

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Awwww...come on...green was good.....but let's hope yellow is even better. :thumb:

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Marcus,
Man are you going to have a great weekend! :thumb:

Isn't it funny how most anything else we buy we don't want to scratch up, but we can't wait to take out a new bike the next day after buying it. One of my best weekends this year was doing just the same thing. Enjoy! :)

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Well its good:) comparing to my 133 KX the engine rates strong, its good on bottom and mid-very good in fact, maybe needs a tad more top but leaner jetting will help.Suspension is the best std setup ive rode recently-too hard still for me but much better than a CR/KTM etc.Handling is a strong point , it turns well and is stable.gearbox is very very good-full power shifts are easy.Not as tall as the 03 RM and it has much better bars, grips however are horrible.Very balanced front to rear.Decent 756 tires fitted.

best out the crate bike ive ridden in the 125 class.
more to come but im very busy with the bike and pcs etc.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
pics coming soon.

More info, very firm seat, brakes are very good-rear just like a 03 KX but the front is not as good at this stage-however i think its better than a 03 RM and Cr front brake.Build quality seems very good, spares kit is a bit sparse but you wont get them anyway:( Nice exel rims:) gas tank top is a bit flimsey and the tube hasnt a check valve and falls out the holder-i used a small tie to keep it in the front number plate.Nice to have a yellow tank so you can see the fuel levels.

Its one of the best bikes i have found for feeling comfortable when standing up

Jetting needed one turn out on airscrew and a leaner clip position-main can now be leaned out a tad IMO.

Cant think of much else-any questions i havnt covered???

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
spares kit is a bit sparse but you wont get them anyway:(

this wont make you feel better, but everyone buying a 04 rm in the US gets a brand new portable makita impact gun!

did they give you a spare needle , LOL?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
LOL, the irony is, ole Marcus would love one of those impact guns for taking out basevalves at the track, but now since he has the showa forks, that valve is at the top and he wont need one!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
good to know you know the meaning of irony bruce:) are you serious about the impact gun?? they give them with a bike???

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
an 80 year old man smoked 40 cigarettes a day from the age of 14. he was walking to the shop to get a fresh pack of smokes and got run over and killed by the Malboro delivery truck. People said cigarettes would kill him one day. now thats irony!

and yes, new RM's here come with a full makita impact setup, a whole $400 value matey!:)

last year they came with a powerwasher. almost a good excuse to buy a new bike, but if i ever get one, my next bike will be a CRF, LOL

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Heres the beasty :p

Attachments

• p1010006 (custom).jpg
    p1010006 (custom).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 192

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
steve, its all about the irony mate....stick to the topic man.... he has blue backgrounds since he hasnt had a blue bike for quite some time!:)

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
LOL Bruce!!! :) and a high five slap in the air. Marcus is a done deal!!! :laugh: :laugh:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Looks like a "blue plate" special. What's up with the blue skies in England? I always heard it was dark and gloomy (I expected your bike to be covered in mud). Must be fake. :confused:

Top Bottom