Picking up my 04 KX250 this Saturday!

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Just finished wheeling and dealing with Motorcycle Brokers on the purchase of my 04 KX250. I'm heading out Friday after work to Blaine, WA to pick it up. I'm stoked! I haven't owned a bike in almost 4 years (overseas military assignment) and it's been nagging at me the whole time. Can't wait for that first 100 bike dead engine cross country start...ya buddy drag races to a hole in the trees is awesome! BTW price was $4755 loaded in my truck. :thumb: They charged me $56 to bring it across the border...customs fees I'd imagine.

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
Cool man, good luck with it :aj:

If you have jetting problems, since the kawasakis are jetted pretty darn rich stock, just come here to get some great jetting advice :)

Slips

Jan 24, 2004
Sweet! I now have two rides (after breakin) on my 04 kx 125. Fouled two plugs breaking it in really slow and easy. My advise take your race plug out and put in something that is ok according to the dealers. Then after you have a bit of time on it, the rings seat and it quits fouling. At least mine did. Or, it could be that I started using the Mobile 2stroke oil.

Anyway, big gratz!!! :)

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Thanks guys! Only problem is I leave in 2 weeks for the desert to go and do the war thing. Was there for Christmas and New Years already this year but oh well. Sooooo.. the bike will have to sit in the crate for about 2 months till I get back. The snow is melting here too..... :whiner:

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Well I made it home with my big Kawasaki carboard box on the trailer behind my 4-Runner. Got a lot of strange looks on the freeway. I drove 620 miles on Friday night/Saturday and then drove the rest of the way today. Was 804 miles round trip but it was worth it. It was a nice drive. Even after $80 in gas, a hotel room, and the sales tax I'll come out $1100 ahead then if I would have gone here in town to get it. The experience with Motorcycle Brokers was pretty good. They are really hard to get ahold of on the phone and email but they will get back to you eventually. I have to get the Canadian title mailed to me because of the short notice buy they were unable to get it for me. Besides that I have everything I need to get a title for it in Idaho. I would recommend them to anyone.

robbaker450

Jun 29, 2003
04 kx250

Hi Ive had my 04 for 9 hours riding now and im already 30% faster.My friends say i will have to ride in the expert class now so they dont look slow.Had an 03 yz450f and i feel ripped off by all this 4t fashion that i see and hear everywhere.Everything is simple easy straightfoward like jetting,easy clutch for precision riding,jetting,changing gearbox oil etc.Now i can concentrate on riding and having fun instead of worrying about the next crank rebuild$$$$$$$$.Its even got those cool u shaped rims standard.Hope everyone enjoys thiers as much as i love mine..

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Got the bike all put together today and took some poser shots of it out in the front yard. It's ready to run but I'm going to leave it alone as hard as that is till I get back from my deployment so that I can do the break in correctly. I just don't have the time this week to take it out and mess with it. It sure is purty though going to be a heartbreaker the first time I eat dirt and scratch the hell out of the plastic..haha :laugh:

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
Still really liking mine. Although the clutch cable is lame- wore/frayed on me up by the lever, putting the new one on tonite, along with new high friction brake pads up front.

NWMyers#5

Jan 23, 2004
Well this is sucks. I'm deployed to Southwest Asia right now in support of OIF and my Brand new NEVER been started 04 is sitting in my basement all alone!! :| I have been ordering some parts for it though. Got a Moose Skidplate coming and some custom one piece numbers on backgrounds from GraphicMX.com. I was going to go with the ones that are always in the back of the RacerX mag but these ones were a bit cheaper and had more number types to choose from. Looking at what kind of gear to buy next. Looking at Fox apperal, Alpinstar Tech 6's and haven't decided on a helmet yet. Anyways thought I would share that don't take your bike for granted. Those that have been out with injuries know what I'm talking about.

KaTooMer

~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 1999
I'll be thinking about you this weekend at the White Rock Enduro in Arkansas, sunny skies forecasted, 75 miles of awesome trail (from what I hear...will be my first time at White Rock). The KTM 300 is temporarily ending its sabbatical, and the KX looks a little sad that it won't get ridden this weekend.

Top Bottom