y2kz71

Jun 11, 2007
Just thought I would post a couple pics of my RM400 that I just finished the frame off resto. Still needs a fine tune but everything works and she fired up after 4 kicks

Before:

02RM400.jpg

04RM400.jpg

01ENGINE.jpg

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Awesome job :cool: . Brings back memories of a 77rm125 I had. The 77 had a metal tank but looked quite similar.

y2kz71

Jun 11, 2007
Thats correct....the rear shocks are works performance dual spring nitrogen filled and are completely rebuildable. The stock rear shocks were blown and unfortunately you cant access the seals and internals so they had to be scraped...these are better anyway. I tried to find a set of fox shox but they allways sell for big $$ although these werent cheap.

I did alot of work on this, every frame/wheel/suspension bearing was either replaced or repacked with marine grease. All new cables, brake pads, controls etc. I took the forks completely apart and rebuilt them with NOS seals etc. I even put new end caps with o-rings where the air filler valves are. All the plastic is NOS with NOS fastners except for the clarke tank and rear fender....the list goes on and on.

Thanks alot, I appreciate the compliments.

btw...I was a teenager when these bikes came out new and no one liked the ugly fenders, thats why suzuki went back to round style in 1980 and never changed back. The big thing back then was to change those ugly weird fenders to aftermarket or the 1980 version so I did the same :nod:

docgonzo

Feb 27, 2006
Very nice job. The 1979 fenders had to be the ugliest fenders Suzuki ever devised. The rest of the bike is so good looking that unless it is in %100 percent original showroom condition, changing them is mandatory.

Where did you get your tank? Mine is has cracks and needs to be replaced.

Bspeed

~SPONSOR~
Jan 14, 2007
Looks great, and congratulations on the restoration.

Will you be going to the Vintage race on Labor Day - Monday - at Freestone MX ?
that is the monday following the Nationals race!

wes_f

Aug 7, 2007
q uestion about the chain

hey bro i have a 1981 suzuki rm 465 and i keep breaking the master link. what type of chain can i use to fix this problem.
thanks wes

Top Bottom