Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Okay KDX'ers I finally finished my rocket-ship for the woods but before I post the pics I would like to say thanks to everyone who posts accurate information on this forum. You guys and gals make it possible for me to work on my own bike. I hate paying for labor at my local shop, they try to rape you on labor. The pipe and silencer actually slipped on with a little fuss but not really a big deal. The clutch perch and lever went right on just like it was supposed to. The Rear fender was interesting lining every-thing up to fit like a glove. It all really came together nicely in my opinion now if we could get above 20 degrees I can get some riding in. Lol. I know would like to thank the guys who specifically helped me out with this "Canyncarvr", "KDX Freestyle", "BJH", "Moridin". Your guys information was key to not losing my mind in the garage this weekend. Thanks again and lets get to the pics. Let me know what you think. Thanks again Danny.

The pics are in this album.
http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/pottercountypa.msnw?Page=1

kevin c.

Jan 28, 2003
I like the black fenders on this year bike it looks really cool, it cuts down on so much green. ( dont anyone get mad I have a kdx also, and I like the kawasaki green, it is just some have too much ) The mods and extras really came together well, great job.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Danny,
Where do you ride? I live in Columbia, MD. And thanks to the great folks here on this forum, I've got a nice little woods rocket too...cheers...john

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Danny:

Bike looks great! When you get a chance - take it up to that park up by Green Ridge. They have a fantastic 22 mile loop that is an excellent ride. Ride it one way in the morning - and the other way in the afternoon. The Cove down in VA is really nice too.

I wanted you to know that there ARE some mechanics out there that are good folks. Many of them are passionate riders too - and just plain love to work on bikes. I found a guy over in Severna Park that did all of my maintenance on my KTM for a while. At the time - I just had no place to work on my bike and really did not have the free time.

He was a trusted friend and would allow me to watch him work on the bike - I learned ALOT from those sessions. He has since retired - but there are many independent mechanics out there.

As confidence builds - you will be doing more and more yourself. Before long - you will be tearing down the top end because you have 6 hours to spare and don’t want to mow the yard - it is addictive.

This is probably obvious - but it took me years to figure this out:

A) Get a nice place to work - I now have a third garage - so I can tear things apart and leave things where they are over the week etc - this is HUGE.

B) Light the heck out of that place - I mean interrogation style lighting.

C) Heat it in the winter - self explanatory.

D) Buy a real set of tools - they don’t have to be Snap On - my wife bought me the largest set of Craftsman from Sears when they were 50% off when I got out of grad school - BEST present I have ever received. It is nearly impossible to work on these bikes without a decent set of tools.

E) When in doubt - STOP! Ask the masses here - there are folks here that know every inch of the KDX and then some. I learned that lesson the hard way with the KTM (those Austrians are, well, backwards).

Lizard Lips

Oct 22, 2003
Very Nice. I like the black fenders. Makes it look stealthy. You need to move out here to Calif though where you can ride it in the warm winter weather!

kdxman15

Aug 21, 2003
Very nice bike why doesnt every1 post a pic of there bikes.heres mine http://groups.msn.com/KDXRidersCommunity/pottercountypa.msnw?Page=1

Top Bottom