Pictures inbetween text

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
I'm working on putting together a ride report from this past weekend. I know how to insert pictures in a thread, but they all end up together at the bottom of the thread. How do I put pictures inbetween text? 1) Do they have to be hosted somewhere else and linked? 2) Can I put them in my gallery and link from there? 3) Can I just add them from my C: drive? I've got most of my text typed out, just need to know how to add the pictures in the right places. Thanks.

Mark

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You mean like this ?

and more text here

and another picture, and more text :-)

I used the "IMG" tags to point to an image stored on a server. Using an address like this : http://www.chicagostories.net/Ton_Up_2007/images/MVR07_2446.jpg , you can use the "Insert Image" icon which will guide you through the use of the IMG tags. It's the little icon that looks like a picture of a mountain at the top of the text Reply text box.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Ok, forgive me if this is a redundant question. Do the images have to be hosted somewhere else and linked or can they come straight from my hard drive? I looked into the icon you mentioned and that's what started my confusion.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Rich,

I tried a test thread in the STM area and tried using the icon you mentioned. I put a link to my DRN gallery. When I posted the thread, it only put in a hyperlink, not the actual picture. Any advice? What did I do wrong? Thanks.

Mark

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The photo has to be hosted by a site, but you can just put them in your DRN gallery and use the image location address from the gallery like this :

Only some of the forums on DRN will support the IMG tags. That's why I moved this thread to the General forum. The forum you originally posted it in doesn't support the tags. ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Will the ride reports forum support the tags?

This is what I get. Not a picture.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
junkjeeps said:
Will the ride reports forum support the tags?

This is what I get. Not a picture.

Right-click on the image in your gallery and pick Copy Image Location

Paste that image location address into the Insert Image hyperlink slot (the address will look like this : http://www.dirtrider.net/gallery/files/2/6/5/5/5/IMG019.JPG )

... and you'll get this

I'm not sure if the tags work in the Ride Report. Try it and let me know. ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001

Ok, I'll give it a try.

I guess I'm just an idiot. I tried copy and copy shortcut and neither works. When I right click, copy image location is not one of the available options.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Post the links to the pictures you want to use and I'll pull the image addresses for you and post them. Then you can just cut and paste from my post ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001

Thanks Rich. I'll go that route. Probably will be a couple of days.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001

Trial and error

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
It looks like you've got it. ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
It only works for me if I quote your reply and delete all but the img part. I can't insert the pics myself.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001

One more try

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
If you don't mind letting me cut and paste from you, I'll just go that route. This is getting discouraging.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
No problem. Post the gallery links and I'll take care of it. ;)

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Thanks for the tip oldguy, but photobucket is blocked at work, no access. I'm going to look into it for next time though. For this round, I'm going to let Rich help me out. I want to get this finished before I lose interest.

That should get me through Saturdays ride. I've only got about 3 more pix for Sunday. I'll put them up later. Thanks.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
junkjeeps said:
Thanks for the tip oldguy, but photobucket is blocked at work, no access. I'm going to look into it for next time though. For this round, I'm going to let Rich help me out. I want to get this finished before I lose interest.

Instead of copying and pasting the URL from the address bar at the top of the screen, you should right-click on the picture, select Properties, highlight and copy the Address/URL, then paste that into the post within IMG tags. For example, the above one results in:

BTW, you can QUOTE my post (or anyone elses) to figure out how they did things.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001

Here's a try at HLG tip

Seems to work that way. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
Hey Rich,

It looks like with some help, I've got a way that works. Thanks for the offer to help me out. I've started on the report in the ride reports forum. Check it out. Thanks to all who replied trying to help a computer illiterate out!

Mark

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…