kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Does anyone know where to purchase a pilot bearing puller.  I'm not having a great amount of luck in finding one.  I need one to remove the clutch lever bearings (down inside the case) on my KX.  The ones I'm finding are too big around and too short.  Is one even available?

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
I looked at the dot com link but they don't give specifics on the puller...or I'm missing it.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Yeah, I did buy this and it will work for most of the blind hole bearings. I need one that will pull a bearing that has a 1/4" innner race. Thanks for all your help! I appreciated it!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Below is the puller I use on the pilot bearings. It's the only tool I've found that can get the tough ones out when there is nothing for a normal puller to grab onto.

http://www.goodson.com/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=1;G5button=1;INVOICE_ID=&item=P3269

Goodson has other sizes listed as well. This particular one fits the trans shaft bearing behind the clutch pusher shaft on YZF engines.

This is one of the best tools I've ever purchased. It makes a a nightmare bearing change a total breeze. Highly recommended. :thumb:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
That looks like a great tool but it's still not long enough for for deep holes.

Let me ask this. How does one remove the bearings for the clutch shaft that goes into the case right in front of the output shaft on a KX500? This is the lever that the clutch cable attaches to on the engine...

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
How deep a pilot hole is it?

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
There two bearings, one at the top and one at the bottom. The puller you suggested will work for the top but the bottom bearing is about 2.5 inches down in the case. I've thought about drilling a hole in the case to get to it with a punch but that's a pretty radical choice.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Is there a possibility of heating the case to free up the bottom bearing? If so, heat the case until water sizzles when sprinkled on it. If lucky, the bearing will fall out. Good luck.

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
Heating the case would help but I still need some type of puller to reach down in there and jerk the bearing out.

Top Bottom