pine cone 7-14-07

I agree. Good, challenging trail for the kids. I ad a blast following them along. Great job to everyone who organized the event. Can't wait until next year's Pine Cone.

I think they need to add one more class, that might add a few more riders. The Coast Guard helicopter class.

WomanRider

Mi. Trail Riders
bruno670 said:
I think they need to add one more class, that might add a few more riders. The Coast Guard helicopter class.
Only if I could finish the race and be scored at checks in the helicopter, at Traverse City Airport and at the Hospital. But I think I would have houred out by the time the Dr showed up to get me off the orange board.

I was having fun until that 4 inch tree decided to grab my bars and my toes. Even after the pain went away I was still having fun, until I was put on a hard orange board. The pain from the board was worse than the knee.

I would like to thank the LMC members who helped make me comfy in the decaying matter under the trees and to keep my mind off the pain. They were fantastic.

I would still like to go back and finish that tight stuff when my knee gets better, that section was fun. I felt like it was a test to determine my breaking point. I did not get to it though; the accident was just a unfortunate happening.

WomanRider, what was your injury? I went passed you asking about you, and your other riders said a leg or the knee and other riders were sent for help already.
Awesome attitude about wanting to finish that section even after your injury.
Get well soon!

WomanRider

Mi. Trail Riders
bterp67 said:
WomanRider, what was your injury? I went passed you asking about you, and your other riders said a leg or the knee and other riders were sent for help already.
Awesome attitude about wanting to finish that section even after your injury.
Get well soon!
I just blew my knee out. Twisted it past 90 degrees. Crutches are horrible. I have never used them before. I found muscles I never knew I had before. I see the orthopedic surgeon next week. Hopefully it will heal fine.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
Mi. Trail Riders
Dang Lou Ann, that sucks!!! I hope it all heals up well! Good luck with the Ortho next week!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Man, it's too bad you could not have enjoyed the helicopter ride under better circumstances.

It's great to hear that you made it out safely and you have hope for a quick recovery.

Best wishes :cool:

INCA

Subscriber
Some extra effort and more education all the way to the gas stop, it's back for a visit with PHIL'S "brother".

Young Ted

Attachments

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
Sweet picture Ted.

Louanne - it was great to see you back at the clubgrounds on Sunday morning by the fire pit. I am sorry your day ended early. Heal up before October and we can take you back to that section of trail.

Mike

LouAnn,
I'll post the pictures of your air lift as soon as I get them back!
Be sure to save you some copies :cool:
By the way I ONLY mentioned your age to the press to let them know it was not a child! The news did at least give no real bad press to our event.
You can get a copy of the video from them(for $30.00)
7/4 news

WomanRider

Mi. Trail Riders
tdunn976 said:
LouAnn,
I'll post the pictures of your air lift as soon as I get them back!
Be sure to save you some copies :cool:
By the way I ONLY mentioned your age to the press to let them know it was not a child! The news did at least give no real bad press to our event.
You can get a copy of the video from them(for $30.00)
7/4 news
No problem on mentioning my age. I am quite proud to be the old woman rider.

TJ saw the news at the clubgrounds. He said they did a nice job stressing the coordination of getting me out of the woods. He was pleased they did not show him completely while he was riding my bike out. At least my helmet and chest protector fit him, so as to not give the press anything negative to work with.

I just wish I was able to watch as I was lifted up to the chopper. They covered my face with a blanket, but they should of given me goggles.

WomanRider

Mi. Trail Riders
Ted,
I saw strange tracks in the trail wondering what crazy contraption someone was riding. I noticed they were having troubles in the deep sand. Once I came up to you I figured it out. Only you would attempt to ride a vintage scooter in the pine cone. Hopefully you had fun.
Lou Ann