GregB

Aug 22, 2005
I agree. Good, challenging trail for the kids. I ad a blast following them along. Great job to everyone who organized the event. Can't wait until next year's Pine Cone.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
bruno670 said:
I think they need to add one more class, that might add a few more riders. The Coast Guard helicopter class.

Only if I could finish the race and be scored at checks in the helicopter, at Traverse City Airport and at the Hospital. But I think I would have houred out by the time the Dr showed up to get me off the orange board.

I was having fun until that 4 inch tree decided to grab my bars and my toes. Even after the pain went away I was still having fun, until I was put on a hard orange board. The pain from the board was worse than the knee.

I would like to thank the LMC members who helped make me comfy in the decaying matter under the trees and to keep my mind off the pain. They were fantastic.

I would still like to go back and finish that tight stuff when my knee gets better, that section was fun. I felt like it was a test to determine my breaking point. I did not get to it though; the accident was just a unfortunate happening.

bterp67

Apr 5, 2007
WomanRider, what was your injury? I went passed you asking about you, and your other riders said a leg or the knee and other riders were sent for help already.
Awesome attitude about wanting to finish that section even after your injury.
Get well soon!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
bterp67 said:
WomanRider, what was your injury? I went passed you asking about you, and your other riders said a leg or the knee and other riders were sent for help already.
Awesome attitude about wanting to finish that section even after your injury.
Get well soon!

I just blew my knee out. Twisted it past 90 degrees. Crutches are horrible. I have never used them before. I found muscles I never knew I had before. I see the orthopedic surgeon next week. Hopefully it will heal fine.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Dang Lou Ann, that sucks!!! I hope it all heals up well! Good luck with the Ortho next week!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Man, it's too bad you could not have enjoyed the helicopter ride under better circumstances.

It's great to hear that you made it out safely and you have hope for a quick recovery.

Best wishes :cool:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Some extra effort and more education all the way to the gas stop, it's back for a visit with PHIL'S "brother".

Young Ted

Attachments

• After Pine Cone.jpg
    After Pine Cone.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 204

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sweet picture Ted.

Louanne - it was great to see you back at the clubgrounds on Sunday morning by the fire pit. I am sorry your day ended early. Heal up before October and we can take you back to that section of trail.

Mike

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
LouAnn,
I'll post the pictures of your air lift as soon as I get them back!
Be sure to save you some copies :cool:
By the way I ONLY mentioned your age to the press to let them know it was not a child! The news did at least give no real bad press to our event.
You can get a copy of the video from them(for $30.00)
7/4 news

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
tdunn976 said:
LouAnn,
I'll post the pictures of your air lift as soon as I get them back!
Be sure to save you some copies :cool:
By the way I ONLY mentioned your age to the press to let them know it was not a child! The news did at least give no real bad press to our event.
You can get a copy of the video from them(for $30.00)
7/4 news

No problem on mentioning my age. I am quite proud to be the old woman rider.

TJ saw the news at the clubgrounds. He said they did a nice job stressing the coordination of getting me out of the woods. He was pleased they did not show him completely while he was riding my bike out. At least my helmet and chest protector fit him, so as to not give the press anything negative to work with.

I just wish I was able to watch as I was lifted up to the chopper. They covered my face with a blanket, but they should of given me goggles.

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
Ted,
I saw strange tracks in the trail wondering what crazy contraption someone was riding. I noticed they were having troubles in the deep sand. Once I came up to you I figured it out. Only you would attempt to ride a vintage scooter in the pine cone. Hopefully you had fun.
Lou Ann

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
YAMAHUNT said:
Louann,

Did you make it to check 4 before you were injured?

I did not make it to any checks after gas, so three checks

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
It will be very interesting to see how the class standings change as we move into the second half of the season. I think WR just wanted to show her daughter that she was ahead of her for another month or so.
I think it great to see five riders that close in the standings!

WomanRider

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jul 19, 2006
fatherandson said:
It will be very interesting to see how the class standings change as we move into the second half of the season. I think WR just wanted to show her daughter that she was ahead of her for another month or so.
I think it great to see five riders that close in the standings!

LOL. I am proud of megan she beat me fair and square for those first three checks. That was her first time beating me. YES I am too competative.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Lou Ann - Since when is a Trail 90 a crazy contraption? My reason for riding that bike was to keep my word that it would return to the trails some day. The Pine Cone this year was a good time to do so. In the deep sand it was a handfull but at other times it was a snap to ride. Things balance out in the end.
As for "strange" bikes to use for an enduro, here are two that might be considered. Doug Wilford from Amherst, Ohio rode a Whizzer at Jack Pine 30 some years ago. Millard Reynolds, a logger from Alabama, rode a Harley 61 at Jack Pine in the late '70's.
The crazy part is more than likely above the shoulders. What do you think INCA stands for?

YT2

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
INCA said:
Lou Ann - Since when is a Trail 90 a crazy contraption? My reason for riding that bike was to keep my word that it would return to the trails some day. The Pine Cone this year was a good time to do so. In the deep sand it was a handfull but at other times it was a snap to ride. Things balance out in the end.
As for "strange" bikes to use for an enduro, here are two that might be considered. Doug Wilford from Amherst, Ohio rode a Whizzer at Jack Pine 30 some years ago. Millard Reynolds, a logger from Alabama, rode a Harley 61 at Jack Pine in the late '70's.
The crazy part is more than likely above the shoulders. What do you think INCA stands for?

YT2
Ted, crazy? Never!
Exocentric? Well maybe

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Hey WomanRider.... Do you know what portion of your emergency air transportation is going to be covered by insurance? Are you going to get hit up with the costs from both helicopter deployments?

Just wondering, as I'm taking a look at the Medical Air Services Association (MASA) plan offered through the AMA.

http://www.medairservices.com/

Attachments

• MASA_AMA_Offer.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 106

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
INCA said:
Some extra effort and more education all the way to the gas stop, it's back for a visit with PHIL'S "brother".

Young Ted

Ya know YT,, the longer you set there on Phil next that other CT90 the greater the odds are that some little kids are gonna come up and start climbing on you... Its not so bad if your soul has left your body and the kids still wanna climb on it but doing it while your still alive and sitting on a motorcycle is a good way to get hurt..
Hey Troublemaker,, do me a favor will you??? Next time your up that way "BORROW" the seat off that other CT for me,,, I wanna customise mine and that seat is PERFECT!!!! Do it while everyone else is racing and they will never notice it...
Woodsy

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Woodsy, you have lost it completely. I don't need any suggestions from you on how to get in or start trouble.

YT1

Top Bottom