Pineville or Empire MX tracks in SC?

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
Has anyone heard of a Pineville MX or Empire MX tracks in SC?

The Pineville MX track is between Charleston, SC and Columbia, SC.

The Empire MX track is located between Charleston, SC and Savanah, GA.

Saw them here: http://www.geocities.com/roswelldirtrider/ridingmap

Any info on these tracks and any others in SC would be greatly appreciated (I'm already familiar with TNT).

Thanks,
Jim

Feb 25, 2001
You know I read a few things about pineville track...got me confused cuz there is a pineville NC and thats about 15 minutes from me...almost had me happy there untill I saw the SC part. I saw a flier for it last year but dont remember much about it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I've never heard of either of those, but in addition to TNT:

Turkey Creek is north of Edgefield.  It is similar soil to TNT, but faster with more rolling jumps, and no trails.

There is a track and trails at Manchester SF, southwest of Wedgefield.  All sand (a few of the jumps built out of clay).

There used to be a track southwest of the town of Hardeeville (exit 5 on 95), but I haven't been there in years.

Society Hill has a track, Camp Coker, that I believe is only open for races of the Ultra and Mega series.

There was one west of North Myrtle beach, but I believe it is still closed.

There is a sand track near Batesburg/Leesville called Hell Hole, but I don't know if it's still open or has been worked on in the last few years.

Most of these (and more) are listed at http://scohv.org

Let me know if you want more info or better directions to any of these.

A930Turbo

Dec 27, 2002
Thanks guys.

Pilot: I used to live in Charlotte (Mathews and Wedington) and was thinking of that Pineville myself.

Gomer: I'll look up on the scohv.org board and see what's out there.

Seems like GA (lived in ATL as well) has a lot of place to ride compared to here according to that map, but some of them could be closed down as well I guess.

Regards,
Jim

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Aonia Pass is open and is great. So is the track near Monroe, and Bremen. I haven't been to Calhoun in 2 years. There are alot of others, but those are the only ones I've been to.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Were y'all in a box van? I seem to remember a box van with 307 on it coming in first thing in the morning.

Will you be there this Saturday? If so, come find me, #969 on a CRF.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Gomer, did you say you have been to the track in Monroe, NC that Shannon runs? I have been there once, its nice and not too tough for rookies like me.

Have you been to the the sand pit near Gaston, SC. or swansee. I rode with 18 4 wheelers. We went to a sandpit with a huge sand bowl. Not sure it was legal but it was fun.

Jim

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by ocechap
Have you been to the the sand pit near Gaston, SC. or swansee. I rode with 18 4 wheelers. We went to a sandpit with a huge sand bowl. Not sure it was legal but it was fun.

I grew up around there. Riding is nice in that pit and the trails around there. However, some kids put sand in the gas tanks of some of the heavy equipment that was out there so now they do enforce the no trespassing (although it is inconsistent).

I sure wish I could ride there again, legally :(

Ivan

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Our local guide, failed to clearly explain the legalities of that! Well, glad we didn't get nailed and won't go again but it sure was fun. That is about the only place yet that I have been able to open up the KX 500 a little.

Jim

Feb 25, 2001
What track in Monroe? Monroe NC ? are you speaking of Foggy Bottom raceway off of like highway 220??actually that one is a bit above monroe if you are speaking of foggy bottom.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I was referring to the track near Monroe, GA.  It used to be called "A Place To Ride".  They have an MX track and a tough looking SX track (I never rode the SX track).

Yep, we used to ride at those sand pits and the trails behind them all the time until someone (I'm sure it wasn't a rider) damaged the equipment.  That is one of the few places around where you can get your money's worth out of a 500.  The fines are pretty steep, from what I'm told.

They used to leave the gates open and we would drive in and park just above the pit area your mentioned.  On any weekend we would have 25-75 riders out there.  The owners were really cool about letting us ride there...it's a shame someone screwed that up.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Honda Pilot, no it is south of Monroe. A parts guy that used to work at Matthews Fun Machines built a track on his buddies land. $10 a day and has some trails too. I don't know what road its off of but if you are coming from Charlotte on hwy 74 you hang a right at the bridge that has Dale Jarret Ford beside it. Then you follow that road straight to the track. It is something like Hwy 207 but that splits off and you still go straight. There are no signs but once you go through Monroe and you get to a bunch of open land and fields you come to an intersection with an old gas station(old, old), go straight still. You're getting close now!! The track is on the left behind a few houses. You have turn between a brick house and a double wide. You will see the trucks and bikes barely. If you go too far you come to a stop sign that you have to stop at. Turn around and try again like I did. Ugh. Ask for Shannon and have fun. They water it and turn it so its not dry and hard. They are open on Sunday's from 1PM to dark.

So how good is Foggy Bottom and is that still open. Is it good for kids and families? Table tops, doubles, can you give me a heads up on this track and some directions? I live in Charlotte.

See ya,
Jim

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
Yeah that was us with red pickup/camper with trailer on back. No we won't be there this weekend but will be down the 18th weekend. I have a 3 day weekend.

Motogrl307

~SPONSOR~
Jan 10, 2001
I remember seeing 969. I was the one on the RM/KX100 riding on the big track. I hope it's in better shape next weekend so I can try all the jumps. Some were a little hard to get out of the corner for on a little bike.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It might have been any one of the 4 of us that rode it some that weekend. (I was the largest and slowest).

Now that we got almost a full week without rain, the track has been cleaned up and is in great shape. It was even dusty in several places this past weekend.

Hopefully we'll be there this coming weekend!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
It's a little southeast of Lees Crossroads on here:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=3Y5TK1Lw1y9Bl02tVbWGffXZPUdrvi2tp6dYzVxNuPVROEaMfgpBkB9OeqEM0MSbwoS9ul5xHoXyYovw%2bcdBNKeUPaMj4c4ynTBZXg9OtM3bPwih0F2FadP6sZLksc3S%2fMhn6KZlVXXKzVipDocvIRtRUI5lVCBn5B8twA271DK%2fc%2fM%2f20GXyshVy5SFtYigAxIUhdkcj8Sd7OMspoii9G1Mrghja0RBMFoBVZZLcm%2fPH6d4ONqbUTYIDVqJzoID0FdMdsvmhNEbgfThwKJEZRH4Q6bCEMZ5%2fZaIhl2R5xopQtwXPRwEng%3d%3d

(I can't seem to get the map to work from here...but go to http://mapquest.com , search for Lees Crossroads, SC (it will offer two, pick the one closest to Chesterfield, not Darlington), then select "Big Map")

The way I would get there from TNT is:

Take 97 south/east from TNT till it merges with 521
Take 521 south to Rt 1
Take Rt 1 north
Once through McBee (McBee shows up at the bottom of the map), turn left on 145
Go about 8 miles
Turn left on 109
Go about 3 miles
Turn right on Angelus Road
Track is about 2 miles up on the left

There may be a better way (and probably so if you are coming from the Charlotte area), but from where I live I always go through Camden.

If you're going to do Sandhills, I would suggest S-12s front and rear.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Shoot! Looks like we probably won't be there. :(

BTW, I'm pretty sure the start at Sandhills is dirt, then onto concrete, then back into deep sand. Check it out before the races because it will hook up and wheelie on you if you're not careful.

Top Bottom