Pipe Cleaning

SamLS

Apr 22, 2002
Ok, what's the fastest or easiest way to clean the carbon buildup out of a two stroke pipe. I have heard of various methods using a cutting torch where your reach a point where your burning the carbon out. I'm hoping for something simpler if that possible.

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
i understand that brake fluid eats the stuff as well as oven cleaner, tho oven cleaner or permatex gasket remover are all i have ever used, as my machines run so incredibly clean (BelRay MC1) <g>.
these are both pricey, but used brake fluid is free! just go to your local friendly auto repair joint...
u have to let the pipe soak in it for some time...overnite at least...
brake fluid is water-soluble, so cleanup is a breeze.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Oven cleaner and then burn the rest off with a torch.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Cleaning a pipe is tough.
I've used Oven cleaner, rolled up the windows of my van and let it sit in the son, (plug both ends), it wouldn't fit in my oven!
I've filled it with tranny oil, (a lot of detergent in that).
Never used brake fluid.
I've filled it with lacquer thinner
Sprayed brake clean in there, (the old stuff, not the enviromently friendly one).
I wonder if paint remover would do it???
A torch would, "blue out" your pipe and make the metal weak.
If you find a good cleaning method, PLEASE let us know!
I can tell you I took a torch to my silencer core, it flamed up nicely and when I was done, all the old spooge was dust to knock off with a wire brush!
Joe
I like to smack trees! The pain lets me know I'm still alive!!

antsbrook

Jan 21, 2004

antsbrook

Jan 21, 2004
hey joe, oven cleaner seems to work well.. i smacked a few trees in the summer at jack frost.
ant

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
I remeber reading that the fastest way was to take it to a radiator shop and have them dip it in something, real hot or something. Does anyone know what i talking about?

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
'Hot Dip' , essentially hot sodium hydroxide, basic component of oven cleaner...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…