KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I have just started looking for a pipe for my 2000 KTM 300 EXC and am starting out looking for something used to save some bucks,but failing that may go with a new FMF pipe.

So - Fatty or Gnarly - which pipe is best for Michigan woods riding by a slow guy?

What impact on jetting would these pipes have?

I have heard of some complaints with quality control with the FMF pipes - what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

BP

Jun 25, 2000
I have the stock , Fatty, and Gnarly for my '98 300 EXC. That being said, I use the Fatty with a pipe guard.
The Gnarly will give you a lot more noticable low-end, too much low-end in my opinion for a 300, it comes on too strong and too soon for the snotty nasty/muddy/rocky conditions. If you ride nothing but tight sand I would possible reccomend it. The Gnarly is a good choice for a 250 for some one who wants more low-end.
The Fatty gives a more smoother transition of power thru-out the powerband, even more so than the stock pipe.

BP

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i use the pro circuit. i'm with bp, the gnarly makes the 300 too much like a tractor. all bottom & no top. fit & finish on the pc were excellent.

little jeff

Aug 20, 2002
I have an 02' KTM 300EXC, I have a FMF Gnarly pipe on mine right now and like it alot. I also have a FMF Fatty pipe for my bike to, but I'd be willing to sell it though. It has a very small dent on the under side of the pipe from a rock. The dent is very, very small. It will not affect power delivery. Name a price, you pay the shipping and give me an e-mail. Just make sure the pipe will fit an 00', I'm sure it probably will.
my e-mail is arimax21@netzero.net
Little Jeff

Top Bottom