kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Rubber band and plastic, OK so it's two items ;^) Go to the store and walk around, handle every thing that looks even close and you will find something, OK so the store security crew will be watching you now! It's the only kind of shopping (that does not involve purchasing machines) that is fun. The guys at the local hardware store don't even ask if they can help me anymore!

andrew

Aug 7, 1999
wait until your lower front pipe mount is ratarsed, then twist off the bracket with the hole in it, leaving just the rubber block with the plate and threaded bolt. Grasping the bolt, insert the rubber block into the end of the pipe, twisting slightly to force it in.

Voila! A pipe plug! Yes, I know, I'm a genius! Well, OK, maybe I'm just a tight-arse!

Andrew

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
I just roll up a section of newspaper and twist it up in there. Work great unless you plan to stand there and squirt a hose on it for ten minutes. Call me cheap.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Cheap.

My wife drags me into some hippy wine store all the time - and they have a whole aisle of corks - you got a hole - they got a cork for it. I bought three that looked close in size for $1 and they all three work fine.

sn

Dogz

Aug 30, 2003
I found a rubber bung used to plug the hole in the back of aluminum fishing boats. They have a toggle with a threaded rod set up. Snug it up flip the toggle and instant pipe plug. It was about 5 bucks or so! Hardware stores rule! Right in with all the boating stuff.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Well, I bought a plug at the motorcycle dealer for about 3.50. What's wrong with that? When it's not in my bike, it makes a great wine cork. :clue:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Deep black cherry colour. Slightest hint of Bel Ray. Charred wood, cherry and soy sauce with oak in back. Very round, jammy. Gentle with velvety, woody finish. Good body and length. Dangerous. (Vintages 1995-2004)

Top Bottom