jtm994

Dec 4, 2006
im trying to get to my power valve to check and see if my pin has fallen out and i need to take my pipe off. Do i disconnect it from the front of the engine and then at the rubber boot? is it a risky job?

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Risky job taking off a pipe no, just don't take the flange off the front just the springs, Don't know much about ktms but don't know why you need to take your pipe off to look at the power valves they should have covers on the side of your cylinder for inspection and adjustment

jtm994

Dec 4, 2006
Backslayer said:
Risky job taking off a pipe no, just don't take the flange off the front just the springs, Don't know much about ktms but don't know why you need to take your pipe off to look at the power valves they should have covers on the side of your cylinder for inspection and adjustment
on my bike the pipe is right infront of the cover to get to the power valve. so just disconnect the 2 spring in front of the engine? do i need to disconnect it anywhere else?

jtm994

Dec 4, 2006
Backslayer said:
it should have one or to more brackets on it, with some bolts and just pull the hole thing forward.
yeah i found those but dude, what is the trick on getting those springs off. thoses things are on there tight.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
A $5 spring puller was one of those great tool investments. You can use vice grips for now, but do yourself a favor and get a spring puller and keep it in your tool box at all times.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom