DirtRyder03

Jul 14, 2003
I have a PC pipe on my 00' kx250 and it has two decent size dings in the pipe and a small ding in the silencer, I was wondering will these dings effect performance at all? and if so should i buy a new PC pipe silencer?

Thanks....

colochris

Jul 24, 2003
Hey I saw that you have a 1997 rm 125. Do you race it?? Can you give me any advice on what stuff to get to make it race ready and any problems that you have came across??

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
"ding" or DENT? a ding is something about the size of a dime to me. a dent is anything bigger than a 50cent piece. IMO. Most dings are no problem and 125 rider is correct with what he says.

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
I you are handy and have access to a few things you can fix them yourself. drill a small hole the correct size for a sheet metal screw in the center of the dent. then use a slide hammer dent puller in the hole. Now heres where a buddy could be usefull, use a rose bud to heat the whole area of the dent so it almost glows, then hammer the dent out, keep heating hammering tile the dent is out, be careful not to get it too hot! after you are satisfied braze the hole shut, use a #1 or #2 tip and prefluxed brazeing rod ad just enough to close the hole.

Now this will not make it perfect but it will bring save buying a hole new pipe granted you will have a brass colored spot on your pipe if that doesn't bug you other wise cover it up with pipe armor.

dirtbiker695

May 4, 2003
Send it off to Pacific Crest Pipe Repair in Oregan. Their website is piperepair.com THey will fix your pipe for $40 plus shipping and handling. I sent my procircuit there and it came back good as new. They even polished it up and brought back the shine.

Top Bottom