angst2

May 24, 2001
I would like to try the trick of adding a spacer where the engine connects to the pipe on my 2000 cr125 in an effort to get more bottom power.
I did a search of the forums and could not find any info.
Do they sell these somewhere, or do I need to make it ? If I have to make it, what specs to I use (how thick)? Is there some sort of big gasket or washer I might be able to pick up at a hardware store cheap to do the trick?
Eric Z
2000cr125 stock pipe, FMF shorty, shaved head, ported, 12 tooth front, stock reed block

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 2002 comes with a longer manifold-they are cheap to buy.You will need to raise the roof of the new manifold to match the exit from the cylinder.

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
on the 2000 cr125 there is an exhaust manifold and an exhaust flange, boyesen i know sells the exhaust flange for a 2002 cr125, they probably already have them out for 2000's and earlier models, you can also get more bottom end by buying reeds either boyesen or v-force,or adding 1-2 teeth on the rear sprocket

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Marcus, you know first hand that the cr refuses to have low end no matter what the mod is! The cr is at it's best when tuned for mid to top end. It's gona take an all new motor like the 03kx for the cr to have a chance at having any low end. Trying to add some roll on low end in the cr by lowering the cylinder or manifold mods or pipe spacers only makes for a slow motor to be slower!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yes steve i know only to well-it hard to tell people to put up with the poor attempt honda have put out. :whiner: lets convert them all to KXs :thumb:

UKcr125rider

Apr 28, 2002
I have always thought that a cheap and effective way of increasing low end pick up is to increase the rear sprocket in size. Instead of spending hundreds on tuning the engine, why not try this first. Sure it may take off top end, but how many times does anyone have their bike topped out in top gear on the tracks they ride on. Marcus you probably are familiar with Desertmartin which is the biggest track i ride on. I think its the only track out of maybe 12 where i get near to the maximum potential speed of my bike.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
We have one track with a top gear, on the stop straight , and its scary going that fast and hitting breaking bumps-ive seen a few crashes on that track.

Top Bottom