Pipes and silencers

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
The KDX200 already has insane LOW end power.What type of set -up would make more juice top end????

geoffro

Nov 16, 2007
Depending what type of top end you expecting try the rev/desert pipe first.If you have that then porting is another option, from a reputable place!!!That said even the correct jetting seems to "open" the old girl up nicely I think.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
I wish my KDX200 had "insane" low end. (I suppose I'm too used to my KLX450R.)
I put an FMF silencer on mine and it did add just enough top end snap to feel; not much but a little.....

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Low end!!

I mean, first gear feels like a tractor, because it's geared so low.Compared to my yz 125,you never have to clutch this bike up hills.It's a like a tank compared to mx bikes.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
jarin12ga said:
I mean, first gear feels like a tractor, because it's geared so low.
Having low gearing is not the same as having low end power.

LESSON #3 FOR EVERYONE:
We need to recognize the relationship/differences of power and gearing. A bike with good low-end power will have that low-rpm power in ALL it's gears, not just first. This bike will not need low gearing to be able to pull hard at low rpm.
The KDX makes fair power down low....for a bike with only 200cc's. IMO, we need 400cc's or more to be able to describe the low end power as truly "insane". :cool: I've owned a handful of dirt bikes that I could describe as having amazing low end power....and they all had at least 400cc's.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Yea, I just think the KDX200 has insane low end, for the fact my KX250 has more peak power but the KDX200 seems like a tractor the way it makes power.Pure low end grunt!!!Not to compare with a NEW 400 or 450.The way it hooks up is more like a 4-stroke?But, I would put my money against a XR400.If not, I'll bring out my MX250 LOL!! I know that will pull ahead!!As I also, owned many bikes.Im a old school 2stroke lover.Don't take everything, I say literal.I'm just a old man 36!!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…