Kx_rider

Mar 19, 2007
northwestern Ontario
well I'm a sled guy, and iv only Had 1 summer on a bike spent almost everyday i could on it. now iv got 250 on the way, But when i look through a aftermarket mag at the pipe's i don't know whats what.. sled stuff i know but Not this.. So what are loud pipes and what aren't?

Which make allot HP and aren't too loud, i don't really wanna go louder then stock because people hate bikes as it is.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
would help a lot if we all knew exactly which 250 you had on the way. what are you looking for in a powerband? trails type riding. do you require a spark arrester where you ride? pretty much no matter what the 2 strokes are going to be quieter than almost any newer 4 stroke so just figure out your needs and then your set.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Any spark arrested 2 smoker silencer will be fairly quiet. I have been impressed by the FMF turbine core. Never really heard the PC sparky that I can remember. DO NOT GET A SHORTY if you're concerned with noise. They are very loud. Even a stock, well packed silencer isn't too loud. Especially if you ride with some 4 strokes. Like Jasle said, what you plan on doin with the bike is important in pipe choice.

Apr 29, 2008
I have an FMF fatty with turbine core on my RMX and I am putting a procircuit on my cr the FMF works great but I hear they are not as good as they used to be. Go to the FMF sight they will tell you what each pipe does. Same with Procircuit.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Has a system to trap sparks in the exhaust. Many OHV places require them. They are generally quiet, but slightly more restrictive than performance oriented silencers. Most riders won't notice much of a difference in power, however there is generally a large reduction in noise.

Top Bottom