teknoterd

Jun 28, 2001
i dont no about the 250s but on my 01 cr125 i put an FMF fatty pipe with a power core II silencer and i got more power every wear, especcially more over rev, midrange and top end, i also got a little bit of bottem end aswell. and the power core II silencer just gives it a nice "BARK".

MX2_motorex

Jan 7, 2003
New CR's have crappy low end power, my best bet is to go with an FMF factory fatty with a power core shorty silincer. A Boysen reed valve also helps boost up the bottem.

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Nothing crappy about the low end on my 03 CR 250R. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. bike will wheelie at will ( with no clutch work) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th. ALL that was before i put a pro-circuit platinum pipe and R-304 shorty ( with race end cap ) silencer, and v-force reed cage. Now it's even worse, definitly have to be careful.

zeeek250

May 18, 2003
Originally posted by MX2_motorex
New CR's have crappy low end power, my best bet is to go with an FMF factory fatty with a power core shorty silincer. A Boysen reed valve also helps boost up the bottem.

I was thinking of getting an fmf gnarly pipe with a shorty, how much louder is this silencer than power coreII

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Superchief
Nothing crappy about the low end on my 03 CR 250R. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. bike will wheelie at will ( with no clutch work) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th. ALL that was before i put a pro-circuit platinum pipe and R-304 shorty ( with race end cap ) silencer, and v-force reed cage. Now it's even worse, definitly have to be careful.

Bikes will do that when you sit on the rear fender! ;) Sorry, just don't get why folks think the CR is so powerful...way too sleepy.

Superchief

Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by SpectraSVT

Bikes will do that when you sit on the rear fender! ;) Sorry, just don't get why folks think the CR is so powerful...way too sleepy.

is that what i've been doing wrong....great now you tell me...lol

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
go with a fmf fatty.... my friend got one for his kx and it has beefy med range, plus the fmfs seem to get less dents the pro circuits dent easy....

Top Bottom