pirelli mt18 and mt320 tires, anyone tried them

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
are any of you guys using pirelli tires, particularly the mt18 and mt 320 tires. i am looking for somehting that will work in all terrains. right now i am using a michelin ms2 rear and m12 front, i they seem to work good in soft to intermediate terrain but didnt hook up at all on hard pack.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i didnt realize it at time i posted but the 320 is a mini tire so i can forget about that one. what about the mt18, anyone?

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
I have used the MT18's, & like them alot.
They are a great intermediate to hard tire that lasts very well & the rears seem to be impervious to rocks.

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I just put MT 32's on my KX 125 and have only ridden it once. But I can tell you compared to the Dunlop 739's the bike came with they are night and day better! I always had trouble with my front tire sliding and not holding a line, the Pirelli stays were I put it, the back tire gives great traction too. I'd buy them again.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I've got a Pirelli MT 18 120/100-18 rear on my Gas Gas right now. Some wear after 1 ride - about 65 miles - but not bad. Traction was good on desert terrain, which is not easy for most tires.

We'll see how it holds up this weekend - Vikings' National Hare & Hound at Lucerne Valley ! I'll report back ...

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
thanks for responding guys. i think im going to go back to the dunlop 756 rear and try the 742 front. i never used the 742 front but i used to use the 756 rear. i quit using it because i thought i wore kind of quick but after using various brands like michelin, maxxis, etc.. i realize that they all pretty wore about the same and i really like the hook up of the 756. thanks for the responce about the pirelli's though.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I've settled on the MT44 for the front - I don't know if there is a condition that it does not work well. Maybe the hardpan stuff you get in the desert. But I don't plan to do any more experimenting, its a great front tire.

I've tried the MT16 on the rear, among others. It was okay, but did not amaze me like the 44. I've got an MT32 coming next, maybe that will be the magic combination.

The Maxxis IT on the back now is good, maybe as good as the MT16 was. But I'm still looking...

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The 742 front worked very, very well out here in the So Cal dez. Good tire but I think it's range is narrow by design, sorta fits between the 739 and the 756. Wear is excellent.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
MT 18 rear update - rode 70 miles of sand, hardpack, and rocks on Sunday. Wear was minimal ... traction was great on hardpack, really good in the rocks, but not too good in the sand. I guess a tire can't be expected to do everything well ..

Top Bottom