gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
hi , i'm wondering if any of you run the pirelli MT 16 rear tire. the specs are 4.50-18 (110 or 120). i'm thinking on running one but not sure if to go with the 110 or 120. thank's

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I run one on the KTM and like it a lot. I'm going to get one for the KDX when the current IRC tire wears out. If I were you I'd stick with the 110 on the KDX.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
I've had one on my KDX for about 400 miles now, its about toasted, probably change after this weekends HS. It worked awesome for about 300 miles, but braking strength has greatly diminished the last 100 miles or so.

Due to some confusion in the Rocky Mountain catalog, I ordered the bigger tire. It was tight but ultimately fit okay. I put the 12T sprocket back on in order to move the tire back, and that created enough clearance that it didn't rip the mud flap off. One benefit of the larger tire is that it seemed to have quite a flywheel effect, seemed to smooth out the power in mud & goop.

If I go back to the MT16 I will go for the 110 as Ben suggested. Depends how much I like the Maxxis IT that goes on next.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
My Husky cam with Pirellis, I beleive they were MT16s. They were OK but I like my current Michellin S12s much better.

Mrobbins

~SPONSOR~
Sep 28, 2002
I got the 110 MT16 on the rear now and it the best tire I have used for my conditions and it has shown good wear resistence through 2 enduros and 2 turkey runs totaling about 300 miles.

VMAN

Oct 1, 2002
If you can afford them, Trellaborgs are an excellent tire that have a pretty wide range of traction, but if mud and rocks and roots are on the menu, they can't be beat.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom